Chapter 17

It's been weeks since they had last seen Lyra. Alaska has been training Sirena a few simple steps of how to defend herself. Once her leg got better, Alaska showed her more than defense. They would sometimes spar when Sirena asks.

Today was another day that they sparred. Crescent leaned against a wall and watched them. Her long hair had been pulled into a high ponytail, she wore new clothes. Mostly wearing leather jackets.

The three of them look different. They also acted different as well. They didn't joke around like they used to, only trained. Their top priority was how to get to Lyra and steal her away from Zero.

Alaska skillfully dodged one of Sirena's punches and took her down swiftly, a smug grin appearing across her features.

Sirena scowled. "Get your foot off of me!"

"No need to be so harsh with words with your tone, Sirena." Crescent removed herself from the wall and stalked towards them.

"What have you been doing all morning?" Alaska asked as she helped Sirena up.

"Oh, just doing this and that." Cress shrugged, shifting slightly so that they could see the hunting knife strapped to Crescent's wait.

"You've been out hunting?" Sirena raised an eyebrow.

"No, this was the only weapon I found. The other ones, Alaska hid them." Crescent spoke bitterly.

Alaska held her hands in surrender. "Sorry," she apologized,"but I don't really trust you with them."

"Really? And why not?"

"Last time you had a dagger in your hand, you started toying with it."

"I was not!" Crescent exclaimed. "Sure, I play the little knife game with Sirena, but it wasn't like I stabbed her fingers! I only stabbed the spaces between her fingers."

"You were going too fast!" Sirena glared accusingly. "I was nervous, alright?"

"Okay, okay! That's enough." Alaska placed both of her hands on the girls' shoulders. "Recently, I've found out a few weeks ago that policemen had found out Zero's location. Looks like they found Lyra, but Zero and Lyra had managed to escape."

"Great!" Crescent scowled. "He's probably gonna be harder to find now!"

"Ugh." Sirena face palmed herself. "What are we supposed to do now?"

"Well, I went over to the police station and successfully hacked into their technology without getting caught. I think I might have a lead." Alaska said with a grin. "Turns out, one of the policemen had snapped a picture of Zero's car."

"Yay?" Sirena asked confused.

"No dummy! The plate number of the car!" Alaska said as she dug inside her pockets, holding out her phone and showing us the plate number.

"So what you're telling us, is that we can track down the car by using the plate number? Wouldn't that almost be impossible?" Sirena said.

"Not exactly." Crescent cut in,"the plate number says the car came from Nevada. Maybe that's where Zero and Lyra is."

"But doesn't Zero have places all over the country? Possibly over the whole world." Sirena added the last part.

"Yes, that may be true, but our best option is Nevada... Unless we had more information?" Cress turned over to Alaska hopefully.

Alaska shrugged,"I might be a genius on how to work technology, but I can't track down a car just by it's plate number. Nevada is our best option."