Chapter 15

Lyra was engulfed with warmness all throughout the cold night. She was fortunate to have large blankets to keep her warm.

Although she was wrong. It was Zero who was sleeping beside her to provide warmth. He slept soundlessly and gripped Lyra's waist a bit too tightly, but she didn't mind it, she unconsciously snuggled more into him than she realized.

When the front of Lyra's body got cold, she shifted her body over and faced Zero's sleeping form. She unconsciously wrapped her arms around him and sighed in content, feeling the warmth engulfing her.

When Lyra woke up, she was all alone. She didn't have a clue that Zero had slept with her throughout the night.

Lyra lazily yawned and heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?"

"Penelope, mistress." She answered.

"Come in."

Lyra instantly saw the blue strips of hair that blended in with Penelope's blonde hair. Penelope sent her a warm smile and carried a tray in with a little stand for it.

Penelope sat it down in front of Lyra and removed the tray, revealing some turkey bacon, French toast, and some scrambled eggs.

Penelope went out of the room and some back with orange juice and placed it down nearly besides the food.

"Your breakfast, mistress." Penelope curtsied.

Lyra frowned and grabbed a fork, picking at her food. She wasn't really hungry for breakfast.

"I can't eat all of this. Will you please eat with me?" Lyra asked her. Lyra mentally cursed herself for her nice personality.

Penelope widened her eyes. "Eat with you? I don't know what the master will say, though."

"I won't let you get in trouble, don't worry." Lyra said and handed her her fork.

She won't let the girls get in trouble yet. They still have to pay for what they had done to her friends.

After eating breakfast with Penelope, Lyra was inside a room with a grand piano in it. She sighed when it reminded her of Crescent. Cress loved to play the piano, it was usually the only time Cress would smile in happiness.

Lyra looked out the window and scowled. If she could, she would've escaped already, but the windows were locked. But if she ever broke the windows to get out, she'd be falling to her death. Of course she can go downstairs and kick the door open, but the whole mansion was a maze. Plus, there was always men following her according to Zero's rules, so she can't ever escape.

All Lyra can do is hope that the last Gemini member can save her. But she also wanted the Gemini to save Cress and Sirena first, Lyra would have to wait.

Lyra placed her fingers on the keys of the piano and thought back to when Cress taught her a small, but wonderful piano piece called Liebestraum.

What an odd name of course.

Lyra started to play hesitantly and then soon, she was focused on getting the piece perfect. She could only imagine the proud look she would receive from Cress. That would make Lyra very happy.

Once she had hit the wrong key, she stopped playing and a sour expression was placed upon her face.

Lyra huffed then played the piano piece from the beginning again. Every single time she was about to end the piece, she would always hit the wrong note. Soon, she grew frustrated and had ended up trying to playing the piano piece for hours until lunch time.