Chapter 28

Days had passed by. Lyra would usually sit in front of the door, waiting on the couch for when Adam would show up. She was lonely and miserable. Even though Amelia and the others took great care of her, she wanted to spend some time with her boyfriend and friends.

When Adam walked in through the door, he was caught offhanded when Lyra threw herself on him, hugging him tightly and pulling his mask up for a quick kiss. His sour mood from the past few days instantly brightened and he kissed her back with passion, making sure he held onto her waist.

When they separated, Lyra sighed and said,"What happened?"

"I just took care of some problems," Adam shrugged and took off his hoodie. "Are the girls here?"

"No, they're going grocery shopping."

"I thought I had told them to stay with you everyday for every second," Adam raised an eyebrow, feeling pissed off at the girls. Lyra immediately tensed up. "I-I sent them to get some more food! Don't be mad."

"Why would you do that? You could've been in danger if someone broke in." Adam placed a chaste kiss on her forehead and hugged her protectively.

Lyra shrugged. "But I'm fine. I wasn't in any danger." Lyra pulled away and asked,"How was it? Are you hurt anywhere?"

Adam smiled at her and ruffled her hair. "Don't worry about it."

Once Adam spent enough time with Lyra, he'll sneak out at night and finish what he started. Just because he agreed to what the guy said, doesn't mean they were any time of buddies. He still has to kill him. After that, it'll just be him and Lyra.

Lyra's friends won't be a problem anymore.

Lyra was about to ask if he wanted any food when he crash his lips against her, biting her bottom lip. She slightly gasped from the time of pain and he took that advantage to slip in his tongue, making their kiss more passionate.

When he pulled away, he placed his arm around her shoulders. "What should we do now?" He asked.

Lyra covered her burning face with her hands. That was totally unexpected. Adam would've bursted out laughing, but he kept calm and poked her cheek.

Everything will be okay soon. Very soon.

-----

"See you guys later!" Sirena quickly hugged Alaska and Crescent after school.

"Be safe," Alaska said. Sirena nodded. "Since when have I been not?"

"All the time?" Cress said flatly. "Anyways, you sure you don't need a lift home? It's going to snow in a few days and the weather is getting colder."

Sirena shrugged in response. "I'm fine, really. I'll give you girls a call if I get stuck in any situations or whatever."

"Okay then." Alaska was hesitant on leaving Sirena alone. Then Cress sighed, thinking about how much of an idiot Sirena was.

"Sirena?" Cress said. "You're an idiot. Haven't you learned anything at all? I'm driving you and Alaska home."

"I'm-"

"You'll get kidnapped by someone," Cress cut her off and grabbed her hand, dragging her over to her car with Alaska following in behind them. "Be a good girl and get in the car."

Sirena rolled her eyes and got in, slamming the car door a little too loud. "Don't break the car door," Cress muttered as she and Alaska got in as well.

The drive over to Sirena's was silent. When they dropped her off, they made sure to bombard her with questions.

"Guys," Sirena snapped. "I'm fine! Seriously! I'll see you girls soon, okay?"