Chapter 18

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" Sirena wailed as she was being dragged by one of Zero's men.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" Cress screamed at Sirena, currently being thrown over one's shoulders like she was a sack of potatoes.

Alaska was, well, being Alaska. She had that calm look on her face as she was being thrown over one's shoulder like Cress. She sighed sadly. "I told you girls that we should've left earlier, I wasn't that paranoid."

Hours before they had been taken away, Alaska was making preparations. She had known that Zero was coming after them, she tried to warn the other two, but they thought she was just paranoid.

Now here they are, their bodies numb from the injections that they received. As they were being thrown inside the car, Alaska grumbled. "This was so not the way I was going to go down."

"Yeah? Well, too bad we didn't complete our life goals." Cress murmured then she spoke to the man. "Hey! Where are we going?"

"Shut up." Was all he said before shutting the car door.

—————

Crescent couldn't stand the illusions. She couldn't hold on the torture for much longer.

Every single time someone came in the room, they tortured her. Cress was tied up to a chair, her body beaten just enough so that she couldn't move. What was worse, was that they took advantage of her like that.

They cut out her nails, her toe nails, pulled her hair so hard that they often ripped from her head. They wrung her neck several times that it had turned red and bled.

They made her count down from one thousand.

"Tell me, one thousand minus seven?" One of them spoke bitterly as they hit her body repeatedly.

Cress coughed up blood and whimpered.

"Tell me! One thousand minus seven!" He said while clipping her nails harshly.

Crescent let out a scream of pain. "Nine hundred and ninety-three!"

She finally knew why they made her count down from one thousand. It was that she wouldn't lose her mind. It was that they could keep her on track.

Although, they were half wrong and half right. She would go insane sometimes, but the other times, suffer from the pain of the torture.

"Nine hundred and ninety-two!" She screamed in pain. They finally got out a whip and whipped her back. "Nine hundred and ninety-one!"

When they left Crescent, she still kept counting down. She mumbled them, groaned them, coughed up blood but still kept on going.

Inside, she was slowly having illusions from her past. The day that her parents had left to go to work, that they had to travel across another country. The first day that Cress and met Sirena and Lyra. The day that they had learned about Zero.

While counting down out loud, she kept on having memories. The past colliding with the new ones.

—————

"Mother?" Little Crescent crawled on her mother's lap. "Why don't you want to play with me anymore?"

"Not now, Cress." Her mother pushed her off her lap in a hurry. "Mommy is a little busy right now, don't want her late to go to the airport."