Chapter 23

A few weeks had passed and soon, Sirena's leg had gotten better by a lot. Crescent kept her promise and paid for all of the bills, almost going broke, so she went back to her old ways and started fighting matches to make money.

Alaska would usually question where Crescent got the injuries, but she would always ignore or change the subject.

West and Lucy thanked Cress for paying all the money, but decided it was best to tell her parents who's money she's spending on.

So, here Crescent and Alaska were, at the living room of her old house. Crescent sat across her parents, her left cheek a little swollen and was beginning to show the bruise. Her knuckles were bandaged, and were showing blood seeping through.

Her parents inspected Alaska, who looked actually more professional than Crescent. Alaska didn't give smiles to Violet and Gerald.

"Cress," her mother began. "Where ever did you get those bruises? Wait—no, let's go to the hospital and check you out!"

"No thanks. I'm perfectly fine." Crescent grumbled.

"Don't use that tone with your mother." Gerald warned.

Cress rolled her eyes. "She might be my mother, but she actually isn't my mother."

"What do you mean by that?" Gerald questioned.

Cress rolled her eyes, but didn't answer. Her mother may be Violet Maxwell, but she'll never be her mother because of the childish way she acts.

"Is there something you want to tell us?" Crescent cut to the chase. "Because Alaska and I are really busy at the moment." Very, very busy.

"Why didn't you tell us about Sirena's bill? We could've paid for it," Violet said. "Who's money did you spend?"

"My own."

"That money should be used for college!"

"Listen Violet, it's my money and my life, I can spend it if I want to." Crescent said.

Alaska nudged her and whispered. "Control yourself, we are not here to fight, Crescent Moon."

"Fine."

"It seems like your friend is more proper mannered than you are." Gerald said. "Who are you again?"

"Alaska Grant." Alaska said. "I was with Crescent and Sirena for the past for months when we disappeared, but can't remember what we done during that time."

"Well then, please make sure that Cress is in check, you are welcome at our home any time, Alaska." Violet said.

Crescent glared. "I am in check."

"Cress," Alaska hushed her then looked over at Violet. "Thank you."

"Look, Violet, is there anything else you want to add on? Alaska and I are really busy at the moment." Crescent said.

"Yes. Where did you get all of that money from?" She questioned her.

Crescent's eyes quickly darted around the room. If anything, she was quick to come up with a lie. "I work now, did you expect me to just sit around doing nothing?"

"No, but what about school?"

Right... Crescent had forgotten all about school. She was supposed to get a good education, then graduate and go to a nice college, and become either a doctor or neurosurgeon. Crescent couldn't just drop out, her future would be for nothing. But she also needed the movement for Sirena, Alaska, and herself to survive.