Eight

POV: Yoongi
"Are you late, Mr. Min?" Mr. Im, my teacher asked, checking his watch as I walked in. "You're late, aren't you?"

"Nah, sir," I just shrugged. "I mean, it doesn't matter anyway. I haven't missed anything, have I?"

"Don't talk back to me like that, Mr. Min," he said harshly. "I'm not up for hearing your stupid excuses this time, Yoongi," he sighed.

"Well, It's not my fault, sir."

"Of course it's not," he rolled his eyes at me. "Does it look like I believe that? Detention!"

"Whatever, sir. Does it look like I care?" I muttered under my breath. "Please, just get on with your fucking lesson."

I sat down in my seat, my bag sliding off of my bag as I threw my books and pencils on the table.

I couldn't care less.

"Okay, class, turn to page thirty four in your textbooks! We will be studying some fun English history today!" he exclaimed excitedly, resulting in the class groaning with disgust.

Jimin, my best friend, suddenly stood up from his seat, and walked over to Mr. Im's desk, leaning against his papers.

"Why English history? We're in the lovely Republic of Korea. Why would we need to learn about a country that's like, on the other side of world?" he asked. Half of the class started snickering at his remark. "You know, sir, this is Asia, not Eu-"

"I know, Mr. Park, please stop interrupting me!" he shooed Jimin, who just gave me a small smirk before walking back to his seat.

"Alright, sir." he shrugged.

"Sir, you forgot to do the register!" another student shouted from the back of the class.

"Ah, yes, you reminded me, thank you," he nodded, before putting a piece of paper in front of his face. He started calling out names, who all answered with 'yes' or 'here'.

"Kim Seokjin?"

"Yes, sir!"

Mr. Im was halfway through the register when I heard a name that made my ears perk up, not literally, but like a dog.

"Kim Yuna?"

"Here, sir!" a sweet voice replied.

"Wait, wait. Kim Yuna's in this class?" I whispered to Seokjin, who was sitting next to me. He was also one of my close friends.

"Yeah, she transferred classes ages ago... did you not realise?" he laughed. "Why? You like her or something?"

"No, no, it's not that..." I shook my head. "It's um, something else. Ugh, you know what, I'll tell you during lunch, it's a long story." he gave me a nod.

"Min Yoongi?"

"Here,"

"Nam Songm- oh wait, I have to mark you as late, don't I, Mr. Min? I couldn't possibly forget that you weren't on time today." he laughed, putting an 'L' mark next to my name to show that I was tardy.

Shit, I thought I escaped detention.