Eighteen

POV: Minji
"You're late, Kim Yuna," I stated blandly as the said girl clumsily stumbled into our practise room with her bass strap hanging off the edge of her guitar case. "Band practise started fifteen minutes ago!"

"Ugh, I'm sorry, Minnie... I was busy doing, uh, something," she said flatly, her eyes flickering elsewhere. She put down her bass and started unpacking normally, as if she wasn't late.

"Then can you please learn to be punctual? You're usually super early, so I don't see why your standards should slip now. " I said with a cranky sounding voice. I wasn't usually pissed off when people were late, but I was feeling a bit on edge this time.

"Yeah, ugh, I know... Don't worry Minnie, this won't happen ever again, I promise you," she nodded reassuringly. "So, which songs are we planning to rehearse today?"

"Well, we do have the Pop Music Competition coming up soon at school, so we should have a good few weeks to rehearse some of our hit numbers until then. I'm thinking that we perform an original song instead of a cover for this year, 'cause I think we all wanna spice it up for our last year, don't ya think?"

"Um, yeah, sure. I'm totally okay with that," she replied, lightly plucking the E string of her bass to see if she was in tune. "Chae, mind playing your A for me?"

There were five people in our band, Clear As Crystal. Sure, it was a pretty cringy name, but it was catchy, and we liked catchy.

The band consisted of Chaewon, who was the pianist; Aejung, who was the lead guitarist; Eunhye, the very talented drummer; Yuna, who played the bass; and me on lead vocals.

Chaewon played her A on the keyboard as asked as Yuna made sure that her intonation was correct.

"Are you ready then, Yuna?" I asked, adjusting my microphone stand. "Eunhye, count us in, and we'll start with a Britney song!"

We were pretty much trolling Yuna by playing a random Britney Spears song, but since it was only for a warm up, it was perfectly fine.

I started singing the chorus to '...Baby One More Time' as everybody played along, snickering at how hilariously stupid we sounded. We all needed to loosen up a bit every now and then so it was quite helpful to play away our emotions.

"My loneliness is killing me!" Chaewon suddenly yelled with a laugh. It was as if we turned into a heavy metal band in the space of five seconds.

"And I!" Eunhye carried on, purposely singing really badly. "I must confess-"

"I still believe!" Chae yelled again.

"Still believe!" Eunhye sang once more, scrunching up her face aa though she was totally focused on 'hitting the right notes'. It ended up being a silly sing-off between Chaewon and Eunhye, with Aejung just awkwardly playing the guitar in between them.

"When I'm not with you I lose my mind..."

"Give me a sign!"

"Hit me baby, one more time!" Aejung finished.

We all ended up laughing, having to take a short break from our rehearsal.