Fifty Nine

Thank you for 8K reads! I love you all~ ^o^

                    •••
POV: Hoseok
I remember studying hard at university, with Yoongi working his ass off at his jobs. That was us at nineteen, with Byungho being around a year old at the time.

We lived in a small, rundown flat, barely being able to provide for ourselves, working and working every second we got. Sure, my family managed to help us out financially, but we were a little bit stuck emotionally too.

Now, if you fast forward another six years or so, things have changed slightly, or drastically, rather.

Byungho, now seven years old, has started elementary school and he's getting the education he needs.

He has Yoongi's eyes and Minji's thick, dark brown hair but what I love most is his million dollar smile. When he smiles, he reminds me of Yoongi exactly, and it lights up the world when he laughs.

Of course, Yoongi and I are still together, happier than ever if I do say so myself. He proposed to me at twenty one and we've been married five years now. He also dyed his hair black for our wedding, and believe me, it made him look slick and really sexy so he kept it.

Although Byungho was only three at the time, I remember him having a blast, laughing about like crazy with his quarter of a sip of champagne.

We invited quite a few people to our wedding, such as my family and some people from school, including Yuna. She came with her new girlfriend, and she definitely looked like she was happier.

Every day, I think about Minji being in a better place, and how I pray that she will be able to look over her precious son from above and protect the kid at all costs. After all, there's only so much we can do as silly, stupid dads.

We've moved out of our small, dull flat and eventually managed to afford a decent semi-detached house for the three of us. There's more space, more of a view and Byungho feels more comfortable inviting his little friends over.

Yoongi and I both work now, and our jobs do tend to keep us both busy a lot of the time. However, we always make time for each other, because that's what family does for one another.

Compared to where we were back when Byungho was first born, it was as if we won the lottery. We just managed to turn our lives around, and it made me realise that you can always get out of a negative situation if you try hard enough to change it.

I still really love Yoongi, though. That's one thing that I know will never change, even after I die.