Chapter 1: "Reunion"

A/N I'm going to keep it at a slow pace to build up the plot

Emily's POV
I just finish my shift at the bar when I get a text from an Unknown number.
My heart pounds, It's probably nothing don't panic. I tell myself as I open the message.
Hey Em! It's me, Alison so um all the girls are coming to rosewood for a little catchup weekend, want to come?
I sigh with relief. I've had bad experiences with unknown numbers in the past and I'm so happy knowing that it was just Alison. I text back.
Hey! That sounds great I'll come over in a few hours if that's okay
I start walking down the street to my apartment. It's not the best apartment in the world but I lived in it for a few months and well, it was a place to sleep.
I feel a sense of happiness fall over me. Something I haven't felt in awhile. It's gonna be weird going back to rosewood but it's reassuring that I'm going back to my bestfriends that I haven't seen in 5 years. I smile to myself as I throw things in my bag and zip it up.
As I leave my room I look around and smile as I turn off the lights and lock the door.

Alison's POV
Emily's going to be the first here.
Why aren't I happy? I'm really nervous. Too nervous, I need to calm down.
I pour myself a glass of water and sit down on the couch.
I haven't seen her in 5 years. That's a pretty long time considering what we've been through together and trust me, we've been through a lot. I mean all of us, we've all been through a lot. What am I even saying anymore gosh. The nerves are getting more intense as the clock hands change. What do I say? What do I do?
But before I could answer any of my questions, there's a knock at my door.

Emily's POV
After a long drive I finally pull up outside of Ali's house.
It hasn't changed since the last time I saw it. 5 years ago. I smile to myself as I get out of the car. Hasn't changed a bit.
I take my time walking to the front door, when I get there, I take a deep breath, and knock.
I step back from the door and after a few seconds, the door opens and I'm greeted by Alison. A smile spreads across my face and she practically jumps into my arms. "Emily!" She squeals with excitement. I laugh and pull away slightly so our eyes meet.
"Long time, no see." I say. I begin to realise how much I've actually missed her over the years. Her arms are loosely around my neck and I'm still holding onto her waste. "I've missed you" Alison says, pulling me back into a hug. I can't help but smile like an idiot. "I missed you too Ali" I sigh into the crook of her neck. She pulls away and drags me inside of the house.
"Wow." I say, impressed by the new decor of the Dilaurentis household.
"Meh" Alison says, noticing that I'm admiring her interior design. The walls are plain cream with simple pale curtains and furniture. "Jason designed it, it's not really my style" Alison sighs and looks down. She pauses and a grin escapes from her. "I don't like things being plain and simple, it gets rather boring, doesn't it?" Of course she doesn't like the simplicity of things, she's Alison dilaurentis, was, and still is, the most mysterious girl I've ever met. But that's what I love about her. She's unpredictable. I smile "I guess, but wouldn't everything just be easier if if life was plain and simple?" I question. She turns to me and tilts her head, grinning ever so slightly. "Where's the fun in that?" Alison is everything but simple. She likes to take the hardest way out of things. She faces her problems, doesn't ignore them.
I sit down on her couch. I sink back into it. After all that driving, I'm worn out.
"Care for a glass of wine?" She asks. I smile and nod. Something has changed about her. I can't pin point what it is, but she's different. And I don't know if I like it or not.

Alison's POV
I pour 2 glasses of wine and sit beside Emily, who's still admiring the decor.
The other girls should be here pretty soon. Atleast I get some alone time with Emily before they come.
"How's it been in rosewood since I left?" Emily asks, picking up her glass and holding it in her hand.
"Quiet. Nothing much has been happening since we all separated." I sigh. It's been quite boring here. I don't have a lot of friends, except for Mona and Lucas. The only ones who stayed in Rosewood after high school. I've actually grown quite close to them, surprisingly. After years and years of tormenting them in high school, I thought they would never want to see me again. But I've changed.
Emily nods and takes a sip of her wine.
"Have you met anyone special?" She smirks. I look at her, shocked. I never thought that Emily would ask me that, seeing as we have an awkwardish history together.
I shake my head. "I'm afraid not. I've been on dates but I guess I haven't found the Mr.Right" I sigh. "Or Mrs." She teases. I giggle. "I guess we'll have to wait and find out" I smile at her. I've always been able to read people, their facial expressions, body language, I can instantly tell what people are thinking. But with Emily, I could never truly read her properly. She's unique. Special.
I stand up to refill Emily's glass when there's a loud knock at the door.
Emily smiles excitedly. "Can I scare them?" she asks. I love when she acts childish. I nod quickly. Emily rushes behind the couch. I laugh to myself and open the front door. Aria and spencer are standing at the door, holding flowers and chocolate. Aria squeals with excitement and crushes me with a hug. Spencer laughs and joins in.
"Hey guys!" I giggle. "We've missed you so so so so so much!" Aria shouts. Spencer continues laughing. Once we part, spencer hands me flowers and aria hands me a box of chocolates. I thank them and lead them inside. "Is Emily or Hanna here yet?" spencer asks, looking around the house.
"Soon. Wine anyone?" I offer and bring them to the kitchen. "Yes please" Aria says. She sits down on the couch and admires the new decor. Spencer sits beside her. I turn to them and smile.
"What?" Spencer questions, confused on why I'm smiling.
"BOO!" Emily screams and jumps up from behind the couch, landing between them.
They both scream and I start laughing hysterically. When they realise who it is, they turn and start screaming with happiness.
"Emily!" squeals Aria. Emily stands up and hugs them both.
"Hey" Emily laughs. Her laugh echoes throughout the room, which makes the mood even happier.
We sit down on the couches and start catching up.
Aria has been working in Los Angeles. A photographer of course, she published her book on photography a few months ago which I've read a thousand times. It's honestly a best-seller. She's engaged to a guy called Liam. Apparently her and Ezra are 'just friends' but I can tell from the way that she talks about him, that she still has some sort of feelings for him. Her body language just shows that it's awkward for her to talk about him too, considering they had a messy breakup a few years ago. Ezra is a best selling author, I've read a few of his books and they are truly a perfection of words.
I listened very carefully in English so I learned from him how to analyse each character in the books, which I've learned to do with people too. I like to think of it as a gift of mine.
Spencer is a politician at the moment. She's really good at anything she does. She's spencer. A few years ago she went off to do work for the army for a year, she's had an eventful 5 years. She's dating Caleb and has been for the past year. They're a cute couple but I couldn't imagine how awkward it will be when hanna gets here and finds out about it.
We continue talking when there's another knock at the door. I stand up to get it but Hanna lets herself in. "The queen has arrived, bitches!" She shouts.
Everyone gets up and rushes to her, crushing her with a hug which makes us all fall to the floor. We all laugh and get up.
"Now that we're all here, I would like to make a proposal." I say standing up.
The girls look at me, smiling. I'm so glad I can see all of their faces again.
"We will have the most amazing time. The reunion after 5 years. Let us begin!" I didn't even know where I was going with that but everyone cheers and laughs.