Chapter 37: "Return"

one week later

Alison's POV
It's been a few days since we arrived back at Rosewood. We're doing everything we can to try and help Emily gain her memories back and it seems to be working, I hope. She says it's working, she's recalled some memories from the past 5 years, but not much that involves any of us, the girls.
Emily has been staying at Arias house, she feels more comfortable there. I don't blame her, what I said to her must've really confused her.
I invited Spencer over because It's so lonely being in the house by myself. I should be used to it, but it's weird without Emily being around.
I ponder in silence until I hear muffled shouts coming from the door. "Knock Knock" Is all that I can make out. I sigh and walk to the door.
I open it to Spencer smiling from ear to ear. "Hi" She beams, prancing into the sitting room. I slowly close the door. "Hi...?" I say, unsure of why she's in a very happy mood. "How are you?" She smiles, sitting on the couch and looking up at me. "I'm okay.. what about you?" I ask slowly, walking over to her and standing beside the couch.
"Oh Alison, I am glad you asked." Spencer bites her lip, as if she's holding her breath underwater.
I raise my eyebrows at her and she sighs.
"Emily" She breathes out, excited to tell me what she's trying to say. "She remembers everything" She says slowly, the smile getting bigger.
I look at her, shocked. In a good way of course. "Seriously?" I ask quickly, beginning to smile.
Spencer nods and bounces up, grabbing my hand and beginning to rush to the door. "Come on!" She shouts with glee. I laugh and follow her. I start to feel nervous, i'm not sure why, but it's as if my stomach is doing summer salts.
We hop into Spencer's car.

Emily's POV

Aria hugs me tightly. I laugh. "Hey you're crushing me!" I giggle as i pet Arias small arms off of me. She sighs while laughing and apologises.
"Spencer and Alison are on the way" Aria blurts out, looking down but with a smirk on her face.
I blush and look down at my hands. That happens whenever I hear Alison's name.
"Your girlfriend" Aria leans over and pokes me repeatedly. I giggle. "Hey! She's not my girlfriend." I say seriously.  "Yet" Aria smirks, leaning back on the chair. I laugh and shake my head.
And just like that, the door swings open and Spencer skips in. "Hey memoryless Emily!" Spencer chimes, rushing over to be and giving me a bone crushing hug. "Memoryless? Not anymore" I laugh and Spencer rolls off of me and looks over at Alison who just walked in the door.
She spots me almost instantly and our eyes meet. I immediately get lost in them. Time doesn't exist whenever Alison is around.
"Okay guys quit eye fucking and hug already" Spencer teases, looking over at Aria who laughs.
Alison rolls her eyes and walks over. I stand up to meet her and smile before wrapping myself around her.

When our long hug ends, we part from each other and end up gazing into each other's eyes.
"I missed you" I sigh, which makes Ali blush a little. "I was here the whole time" Ali whispers, examining my eyes.
"But I wasn't" I smile slightly and take her hand, leading her to the couch.
"So Emily, what does it feel like being able to remember?" Aria breaks the silence with questions. I feel alison's grip on my hand tighten slightly which makes my heart jump. "It feels good" I say after a pause, looking at each of them individually. "Hey where's Hanna?" I question, seeing as everyone is here except for her. "She's at work, she should be here soon" Spencer says, standing up. "Beverages?" She raises her eyebrows.
"Tea" Alison smiles at Spencer and Spencer nods, putting the orders into her mind. "Just water for me" I smile and Aria asks for coffee.
When Spencer leaves Aria smirks at us but doesn't say anything. I realise what she's smirking about and look down at Ali and I's joined hands. I quickly release my hand from hers.
I can feel the absence straight away and regret it immediately. Aria raises her eyebrows and breaks the silence. "Ezra is handling the Paige business at the moment." She says carefully. I hear Ali sigh beside me, I can sense the anger she has.
I nod and look down. "Hey" Ali's soft voice sends a sensational chill down my spine. "We're not going to let that happen ever again" She says almost angrily. "I promise." She takes my hand again and squeezes it.
Aria smiles and sits beside me on the couch, taking my other hand and squeezing it gently.
"We're all going to protect you" Aria says, giving her comforting smile.
"I love you guys" I laugh, leaning my head against Ali's shoulder.