Chapter 35: "One Memory"

AN
just before this chapter i just want to say that i don't have a regular updating schedule thing because i get writers blcok a lot so sometimes i could updated twice in one day and other times there's like a few days gap between chapters so i'm sorry about that:( anyways enjoy:)):)

Arias POV
"Do you want anything to drink?" I say, breaking an awkward silence in the ships medical room.
Emily is perched on the bed, a bandage wrapped around her head.
"No thank you" She smiles, running her fingers along the edge of the bed.
"What did the doctor say about my amnesia?" She asks carefully, looking at me for an answer.
I stutter. The doctor told me not to tell her. But she has the right to know.
"It's gonna take awhile" I sigh, leaning back against the wall.
"For your memories to return bit by bit" I finish, looking at Emily with sympathy. She nods, her smile fading.
"Emily?" I say, preparing myself to ask the question.
She looks up at me, a signal for me to continue.
"What's it like?" I ask slowly, moving towards her bed.
"Not knowing who you are, I mean." I finish, sitting myself down beside my friend.
She opens her mouth to speak but closes it, trying to phrase her wording.
"Weird" She sighs, looking at me before looking down at her feet dangling from the bed.
"I can remember some things. Small things." She admits, clearing her throat.
"The alison girl," She pauses, closing her eyes before continuing.
"Can you tell me who she is?" She pleads, her voice carrying a sense of desire, almost craving for my answer. "Who she is to me." She looks up at me.
I clear my throat.
"I don't really know" I say honestly, which causes Emily to sigh and look down at her feet again. I couldn't even imagine what it's like for her.

Emily's POV
"Hey, Aria" I break yet another long silence. She looks up at me, furrowing her eyebrows.
"Do you mind if I could just be by myself for awhile?" I ask politely, giving her a small smile of reassurance so she knows that i'm okay.
She bites her lip before giving me a small smile.
"Yeah, yeah of course" She blurts out, glancing between me and the door.
I wait for her to leave before lying back on the bed.
I take a deep breath and close my eyes,
The only vivid memory I have playing over and over again in my mind.
The library, with Alison.
When she said those words to me back in my room, it's as if a light bulb switched on and shined a light on one part of my brain.
It's all so overwhelming. All of these people who I don't remember, saying my name as if they know my whole life story.
Which they do.
I don't even know my own story.

----------

I wake up suddenly, a throbbing pain in my head.
I feel a sudden movement beside me.
"Hey, hey, woah there cowboy, slow it down." A familiar voice says softly, laughing slightly before switching on a lamp to their left.
"Alison" I sigh with relief, feeling a lot more secure knowing who it is.
"That's my name" She teases sarcastically.
"How did, how did I-" I let out an exasperated sigh, realising i'm in Alisons bed and not in the medical room .
"You fell asleep in the medical room, probably from the pills the doctor gave you. I carried you here." Her smile curls around the corner of her mouth.
Her eyes always interest me.
An electrifying ocean blue, with swirls of sky blue and small cloudy blue colours.
I wish I knew who she was, besides that one memory I have.
She gives off a mysterious vibe, like a magnet.
Pulling me towards her.
The light from the lamp shines onto one side of her face, capturing her smooth skin and facial structure, outlining every perfect detail about her face.
She's sitting up in the bed beside me, distant but also close.
I can feel the warmth radiating from her, attracting me to her in a strange way that's likely indescribable.
I am snapped back to reality when she gently brushes her knuckles down the side of my cheek. Her touch is almost like an electric shock, but it gives me a lust and desire for more.
"What time is it?" I look down, trying to hide my blush from her. She notices and I see a grin creep up on her face, which makes my heart rate speed up slightly.
She gives me another look, kind of like a "I know" look, if that makes any sense.
She turns around and picks up her phone.
"1:34am" She places her phone back down before turning back around.
"Why did you wake up so suddenly anyways?" She questions, her eyes narrowing. I stutter, struggling to find any words.
"Uh, I just had a nightmare" I give her a small smile before looking away quickly and keeping my head down.
"Okay, go back to sleep and don't worry, I'm here" She smiles, slowly lying back down and gesturing for me to do the same.
I slowly do so, gently placing my head on the pillow and trying to ignore the constant throbbing of pain.
I feel her shuffle on the bed to turn off the lamp, immersing us in darkness.
I breath out, closing my eyes and feeling an arm slowly wrap around my waist.
I tense up before relaxing into Alison's hold, letting her cuddle into me. A sense of safety washes over me, a feeling of protection.
I still don't know who she is, who she is to me and what involvement she has in my life but from that one memory I hold onto,
I know that I do care about her.
A lot.