Chapter 5: "visit"

Alison's POV
5:22pm
i told Hanna about Lucas. She seemed really concerned so I assume she's gone visiting him right now.
The boredom of being in my house alone kicks in.
I've spent a lot of days alone in my house. I haven't talked to Spencer properly yet. I pick up my phone but just as I dial her number, Aria calls.
I answer and put the phone to my ear. I can hear sniffling on the other end of the line.
"Hey, what's up?" I ask. Is she crying?
"I'm on the way over with Emily." She says. I sit forward in my chair. "Did something happen?" I say quickly. I start to get worried. I stand up and pace around the kitchen. "Am well you'll see when we get there" She hangs up.
If they're crying or if Emily's hurt, I need to get ready.
I boil the kettle and put a pizza in the oven. I quickly grab a fluffy blanket from the wardrobe.
I hear loud knocks at the door. I rush to the door. I didn't really know what I was expecting.
I look up and see Aria. I can tells she's been crying but she must've stopped.
Behind her, Emily is pressed against her back.
"Emily" I whisper.
Emily comes out from behind Aria.
She looks terrible. Her eyes are bloodshot from crying.
"Hey what's wrong?" I say and lead Aria and Emily into the house. When I close the door I turn around and Emily falls into me. I instantly wrap my arms around her.
What could've happened that made her this upset?
I look over at Aria, who's standing not far away.
"You have to tell her Emily." Aria sighs and puts her hand on Emily's back.
Emily sobs into my shoulder.

Emily's POV
"You have to tell her Emily." I hear Aria say from behind me. I don't want to move. I feel safe, comforted.
I break away from Alison and sit down on the couch without a word.
What do I say? How do I say it?
Ali sits beside me and takes my hand.
"What is it Em?" She says and squeezes my hand.
"I-" I'm still in love with you, I've never stopped loving you. "You do know I'm in a relationship with Paige, right?" She looks at me confused. "Yeah of course." She says. "Paige hurt me, a few years ago." Alison's eyes change from sky blue to dark, stormy blue as if there's a storm at sea.
"What?" She says, taking me other hand. Aria nods at me. I take a deep breath and tell her what happened.
---

"Oh my god Emily." Alison says and pulls me into a hug.
"why did you go back to her?" She asks as she pulls away.
I've been asking myself that question ever since I showed up at Paige's apartment, telling her I love her and that I want to be with her.
"I guess I love her." I say blankly. Do I love her?
"Emily has she hurt you ever since you've been with her." Alison asks.
I gulp. I haven't told anyone about it.
I feel tears form in my eyes. Aria looks at me confused.
"Em?" She says from the other sofa. I look at her and look down at my hands, which are being held by Alis.
"We got into a fight." I begin.
"Look I don't feel comfortable talking about it right now." I say, standing up. "Hey it's okay you don't have to." Aria says walking over to me.
"I better go." Aria says and hugs me.
Aria nods at Alison and walks out.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Ali says after a long awkward silence. Thank god she changed the subject.
"Yeah sure." I say and sit back down on the couch.
Before we put on a movie, we have a conversation about the most random things. I smile at her as she goes to get the popcorn.
I put the movie in. A black and white movie.
She comes back a few minutes later with a big bowl of popcorn and sits down beside me. She pulls the blanket over me.

Alison's POV
During the movie, I look at Emily.
"Hey" I say, noticing that she's upset.
She looks over at me. "It's gonna be okay." I say. Our faces are close together. She takes the opportunity and leans in and kisses me. I pull away. I instantly regret it. I can see the hurt in her eyes.
"Em you're really vulnerable right now." I say. I know I've hurt her.
"That's not why, I promise" She says quietly. She leans in again and this time I kiss back. I put my hand on her face and I start to lye down.
She climbs on top of me. We continue kissing for awhile. She pulls away and smiles at me. At this point, we've changed positions. "Goodnight" she whispers and puts seems to drift straight to sleep.
I put my head on her chest and fall asleep as well.

Emily's POV
I wake up suddenly the next morning. I hear voices outside. I gently move out from under Ali and go to the window.

Paige?

I don't even care that I'm not wearing pants, I walk right out to her.
She's talking to Jason.
I didn't know he was back in rosewood.

"Paige?" I question. Her face lights up.
"Emily!" she squeals. I look at her confused. She runs over to me and kisses me. I don't kiss back.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"I came to suprise you!" She says excitedly.
"What? Are you not happy to see me?" She asks. I give her a small smile.
"Of course I am!" I lie and hug her.
"Why are you staying in Alison's house?" She asks. Noticing I ran out of her house wearing nothing but an oversized shirt.
"I don't have anywhere to stay" I smile.
"Are you staying in the same room as her?" She interrogates.
"Why does it matter?" I say defensively.
"Why shouldn't it? You're my girlfriend! Of course I wouldn't want you staying in the same room as a slut!" She says angrily. I look at her. I start getting angry.
"What did you just call her?" I say, anger in my voice.
"Emily are you blind? She just wants to add you to the long list of people she's fucked!" Paige shouts.
"How dare you! Do you seriously think I would cheat on you? If you don't trust me, I guess I can't trust you." I spit. She pauses.
It happens in slow motion.
Her hand raises, making its way to my face. It hurts. My face starts throbbing.
"What the fuck Paige?" I scream. "Em i-" Paige begins, realising what she's done.
"Save it." I say quickly and walk away.