Chapter 2: "Memories"

Emily's POV
After a long day of catching up with my friends, it's time to go. Aria and Spencer leave first, saying their goodbyes which leaves me, Alison and Hanna in the room.
"I best be going, I'm gonna see if I can run into any old friends" Hanna smiles, picking up her bag and putting it on her shoulder. I stand up and hug her. "It's been great talking to you again" I say, unraveling myself from her. Ali stands up and hugs Hanna too. Hanna waves goodbye and closes the door behind her.
"Shit I just remembered." I curse to myself. My mom went on a holiday with my dad and I didn't tell her I'd be in rosewood so I have no where to stay.
"I've got no place to stay." I sigh. Alison smiles "You can stay here" I smile at her. "Thank you so so much" I say sarcastically. She laughs and playfully hits me on the arm.

Alison's POV
"We can watch a movie?" I suggest, holding out a bundle of DVDs to Emily who's sitting at the other side of the couch. She nods excitedly. "What do you have?" She asks looking at the pile.
"Well I've got Narnia, Titanic, The Hunger Games-" Emily cuts me off  "Titanic." She says, reaching swiftly to the case. I laugh. "A sad romance."Emily looks at me and smiles slightly, showing her dimples. "Every romance has sad moments, I mean, what is a romance if it isn't sad?" I say. Emily pauses, looking down at her hands, her smile fading as she does so. "But when there's sad in the romance there's always a happy resolution, right?" Emily smiles hopefully. I giggle.
"That's why I love you, you're always big on happy endings." I bite my lip, realising that I've said this line before. Emily smiles, fake, I can tell by the look in her eyes that I hit a nerve.
"Can we just watch the movie?" Emily asks, almost in an angry tone. I nod and put on the movie.

Emily's POV
"I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement there could be." Ali says, looking deep into my eyes as she does. Her piercing blue eyes make my heart melt everytime I look into them. "Did you get to that part yet?" she says, grinning as she does. I nod and lean in, the kiss is short but it felt like it lasted for an eternity. Her lips were so soft, I could replay it over and over again.
"It's weird." Alison points out, engrossed in the movie. "What's weird?" I ask.
"Their love for each other." She says lazily. I look at her confused.
"Sometimes 'love at first sight' isn't real, sometimes we think it's real when it isn't, until we meet that one person who can prove its real. But did rose really love him at first sight? A ragged, lower class, poor boy who she would've never thought could turn out to be her lover? Yeah Jack might've loved her at first sight, but it isn't real unless they both have loved each other since they first ever saw each other. Love at first sight can't be one sided. Love is real. But sometimes I wonder, is love at first sight real?" She says, looking over at me. I look at her right in the eye. "I know it's real because I've experienced it, but I guess you can never know if the other person has too." I say, looking back at the movie. It's true. I can never tell if my feelings for Ali are still there, I can never tell if she ever felt anything for me at all. She ruined me. She broke my heart more than once. I'm just happy that I've gotten over it. I hope I have anyways.

After the movie, we go upstairs to Ali's room. It literally hasn't changed at all.
I take one look at the bed.
I lie awake in the bed. Ali is at the other side of the bed, turned away from me. "Ali? Are you asleep?" I say. I look over at her but don't get a response. I see her moving around. She starts turning towards me so I do the same. Now I lie facing her. Her blonde, wavy hair tucked behind her ear. She's resting her head on her hand. My heart starts racing. All of my feelings spill out. I wait a few seconds and then lean in and kiss her.
After the kiss she looks me in the eye and we both lean in again. I hold her face in my hand and she starts leaning on me. She lies on top of me, with every break between kisses, looking me directly in the eye, longing for more.
I'm shook back to reality by Ali grabbing my hand. "Hey, you okay?" She asks, concern in her voice. I must've been staring at her bed without a word. "I'm fine" I say, blinking my eyes a few times.

Alison's POV
I throw Emily spare pyjamas. I strip down to almost nothing and start putting on my pants. I can feel Emily's eyes watching me. "Like what you see?" I question, a bit too teasingly. Emily laughs sarcastically. I finish putting on my clothes. And turn around just as Emily pulls her top over her toned torso. I bite my lip. Fuck. I'm straight. Surely. I think I am. Am I? As I question myself, Emily slips into the bed and I join her. At first, we lie facing each other. "Ali?" Emily says, looking into my eyes. I try not to get lost in her mysterious, hazel eyes but I couldn't help but stare. "Yeah?" I respond. "You've changed, why?" She questions. "Haven't we all?" I say quickly, a bit too defensively. Emily sighs and I turned away from her. I take a deep breath. I feel an arm wrap around my waist. I cuddle into Emily and listen to the sound of her heart beat. Steady. I can feel her warm breath on the back of my neck. I grab her hand and intertwine our fingers. I feel safe. Safer than I've felt in a long time. There's things that I haven't told the girls. I'm too scared to tell them.
Emily's POV
I'm awoken by Alison thrashing around on the bed. A nightmare.
"Get away from me!" She screams, tears streaming down her face. I try and wake her, it hurts seeing her like this, in so much pain. "Ali wake up!" I shake her gently. "Please don't hurt me! Please stop!" She screams again. "Ali!" I scream and shake her a bit more. She sits up and gasps for breath.
"It's okay It's me, I'm here" I say comfortingly. She looks at me. "Emily" she breathes out with relief, burying her face in my chest. "He was right there." Alison mumbled. I hold her firmly into my body, "You're safe. Don't worry." I say and hold her until her breathing evens out and she falls asleep.