Chapter 31: "Panic"

Alison's POV
It's one week into the cruise and there's been no sign of Paige since our encounter on deck. It's been fun and peaceful. Most of the others have forgotten about Paige and are having the time of their lives. As for me, it's been days since i've properly slept.
The thought of Paige being trapped on the same ship as us is bugging me, internally and externally. Emily has been worrying about me even though I'm supposed to be worrying about her. Which I am. I can't help but worry about her. I'm scared that I'll leave her alone for 5 minutes and then she'll be gone.
It's my biggest fear.
I haven't left her side since the incident.

Emily's POV
It's 7 days into the cruise and Alison hasn't relaxed yet.
She paces around the room constantly, and if she's not pacing, she's drinking coffee and keeping an eye on me.
It's 11pm and we just got back from the bar.
It was a fun night, no one seemed distressed about anything, besides Ali of course.
I close the door behind me and watch Ali slowly sit on the bed, putting her head in her hands.
"Ali," I say, walking over to her and kneeling in front of her.
She looks up at me, with lifeless eyes.
I put my hands on top of hers and intertwine our fingers.
"Relax, I'm okay, I'm safe. Please get some rest." I plead. I push a strand of her soft blonde hair behind her ear. She gives me a small tired smile before nodding. She knows there's no point in arguing.
I stand up while she lies back on the bed and gets under the covers.
I lie down on the bed, stroking her hair as she closes her eyes and falls asleep.
I wait for her breathing to even out before slowly standing up and quietly exiting the room.
I look behind me and look at Alison sleeping, finally at peace.
I smile to myself before closing the door quietly and walking down the corridor.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and look at the text I received earlier today.
Meet me at the top deck at 11:59 if you want your sweet little Alison to live. Come alone. -A

I shiver. I haven't told anyone about this. I'm scared of what's about to happen, but i don't want Ali to get hurt. And if it means making a deal with the devil, so be it.

I reach the door of the top deck and check the time. 11:58. I sigh and open the heavy door. I look around cautiously. "Hello?" I call, not seeing anyone on the deck.
I hear faint footsteps and before i have time to react.
A hard object clashes with the back of my head and I blackout.

Alison's POV
I wake up yawning after a good nights sleep. I feel around for Emily, who's always to the left of me.
When I feel nothing but cold sheets, my eyes shoot open, scanning the room for Emily.
"Em?" I say urgently, getting out of bed and checking the bathroom.
I start to panic, picking my phone up from the bed side table and dialling Arias number.
"Aria" I say the minute she picks up.
"Good morning to you too," She says drowsily. "Emily's gone" I say, almost shouting into the phone.
"What?" She says, suddenly waking up.
"Hey, Ezra, wake up, its Ali, She said Emily's gone" I listen to Aria try to awake Ezra from his deep slumber.
I put on my shoes and pace around the room.
"Hold on Ali Ill put you on speaker" She says quickly.
"She's gone" I say again, breaking each word.
"What happened?" Ezra asks.
I run my fingers through my hair, frustratingly.
"She put me to bed and helped me go to sleep. When I woke up she was gone" I say, my breathing beginning to quicken.
"We'll be right over, Spencer is at breakfast i'll tell her to bring up some coffee" Aria says, standing up to use Ezras phone.
"Alison listen to me" Ezra says into the phone.
He can tell i'm panicking. My breaths are quick and I'm struggling to breath.
"Deep breaths, close your eyes. It's gonna be alright. We'll be over soon. Don't worry" He says soothingly.
I try to calm down and sit on the bed, recollecting my thoughts.
"Thanks Ezra, really." I finally manage to say.
"We're on the way now" He says, hanging up.
I sigh and stare at the bracelet on my wrist.
Emily gave it to me awhile ago.
It's made of wood and has a little shark carved into one of the beads.
I smile at it as a tear slowly makes its way down my cheek.
"I'm sorry" I whisper, Closing my eyes.

Unforgettable (Emison)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें