Chapter 12: "Promise"

alison's POV

Paige continues dragging me through the forest until we reach a small log cabin. The wood is rotten and moss is dangling from the roof.

She drops me by the entrance so she can open the door. I don't make an attempt to run, my legs are still tied and I don't think i'll make it far before collapsing from exhaustion.
I take deep breaths.
Paige is harmless, she'll be afraid to do anything to me.
i reassure myself in my thoughts, while paige unlocks the cabin door and pushes it open.
It looks like someone hasn't been in it in a long time, but paige was obviously here recently, there's a clean inside, with a desk and a computer on it.
She looks down at me, realising my blindfold had slipped off.
She groans and grabs my arm, dragging me into the cabin.
The air is damp and it's cold.
She roughly throws me into a corner of the cabin, walks over and ties me to a hook on the wall.
When she does so, she walks backwards and drags out a chair, planting herself onto it.
"So you're probably wondering why you're here" she says plainly, a bored tone in her voice.
I nod slowly.
She gives me a small smile.
"Well you're here because-"
She stands up and slowly walks over to me, she kneels down, her face inches away from mine.
"I'm saving Emilys life"
I look at her, confused. She laughs a little, slowly removing the fabric from my mouth.
I take a chance to breath before speaking.
"What do you mean?" I ask, Paige wouldn't dare hurt me, she knows what i could do to her.
"Well, when you and emily planned to go on a date-"
"Dinner" I correct her, i don't want to label it as a date if Emily just wanted it to be dinner.
She smiles at me.
"I was outside the house, about to apologise to Emily before i heard you talking in the living room."
She laughs, looking me directly in the eye.
"And i wasn't going to tolerate that." She says slyly.
"I approached the window, and watched as you were being same old you, leading emily on,"
I wince.
"So you kidnapped me so that i wouldn't have dinner with emily? Seriously?" I ask, still confused.
"That's not all." She smiles.
"Your good old friend 'A' happened to hit me up, offered me a small job." She smirks.
"A" I whisper.
"A wanted me to kidnap you, so that they could hurt Emily" Paige sighs.
"And how would that be saving Emily's life?" I say sarcastically.
"Well, what A doesn't know, is that I am going to save her life." She says, standing up.
"And you're going to stay here, while i get my girlfriend back" She laughs, exiting the cabin.
"BITCH" I scream, she obviously heard me, because she laughs louder now.
I groan in frustration.
A silence falls over the room and I'm left with my thoughts.

Emily's POV
"Were taking my car" Spencer says to us as we rush out of the door.
"Where do you think A took her?" Hanna asks.
Our phones buzz. We all freeze and look at each other with fear in our eyes.
I slowly unlock my phone to open the message from an unknown number.

A voice message.
I look up at the other girls, scared to click on it.
Aria hits play and we all listen.
It's ali's voice.
Help.
She's screaming it over and over again, the tape on repeat.
Cross the road -A
I immiedately begin to run to the other side of the road.

A car, i can't  see what colour it was or who is driving. It's coming at full speed.
I freeze with fear, waiting for the impact.
I close my eyes, unable to move.
I hear it coming closer, time is moving slowly.

I feel something push me out of the way, no not something, someone.
We land side by side as the car passes.
Who ever this person is, they saved me life.
"Emily!" I hear the girls scream as they run towards me.
They stop in their tracks, gasps escape their mouths.
I look to see who it is.

Maya?

I don't know what to say.
She's real, she's alive.
"Maya" I whisper in disbelief.
I knew she was alive, but looking back on it i see it as a part of my imagination.
Was all that real?