Chapter 24: "Kiss"

Sorry for like not updating since last year whoops.

Emily's POV
i feel the cold of the water hit my skin and suddenly i'm surrounded by the familiar feeling of the smooth water of the swimming pool. I take pride of my strokes. Confidence. The water is the only place i can show the small bit of confidence i have left. I swim lengths of the pool before coming to a stop at the edge. I wipe my eyes and take deep breaths before looking up.
"You've improved over the past few months" The familiar face says.
"Nice to see you too paige" I gulp, nervously looking away.
"What brings you here" i ask, lifting myself out of the pool and grabbing the towel left on the pool side.
Paige moves her arm to reveal her rosewood high swim team jacket.
"I got a job here" She smiles.
"Oh, cool" I nod, looking around, checking if anyone else is nearby.
"Oh come on emily, what's gotten you so washed up?" Paige laughs and nudges me gently.
I wince, looking up at paige defensively.
"What do you mean?" I ask, standing up and wrapping the towel firmly around me.
"We haven't seen each other in ages!" Paige moves a strand of my hair away from my face. I smile slightly, trying to be friendly.
She glances at my lips, and before i have a chance to panic, she leans in.
I react immediately, shoving her away.
She doesn't say anything, she just stares at me in shock.
I jog to the changing room and grab my bag.
I come to the pool to have some alone time, and now this?
I sigh and put on shoes before leaving the school building.

Alison's POV
I pour hot coffee into spencer's favourite mug and slowly slide it over to her across the table.
She looks up at me, tired eyes and looks down at the coffee before sniffing it cautiously and shrugging before sipping it slowly. I smile and nod, happy that i perfected spencer's coffee.
"What's up?" Spencer says drowsily, her eyes slowly closing as she takes another sip of her coffee.
"what do you mean?" I say in a high pitched tone, spinning around to put bread in the toaster.
"Alison you're at my house at 8am" Spencer says monotonously. I laugh to myself, spinning back around and placing both hands on the table.
"i'll tell you when you finish that cup. It's hard talking to a tired hastings." I say tilting my head.
i feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I smile at spencer who doesn't return it, and look at my text message.
Emily: Hey where are you? you're not at your place.
I send her back a text immediately.
At spencer's, come by if you want.
I place the phone back in my pocket and smile at spencer again. I can see the confusion present in her face.
"Alison-"
I cut her off.
"Refill?" I ask, flattering my eyelashes.
Spencer shakes her head and laughs slightly.
"Yeah" Spencer mutters, placing her empty mug in front of me.
She raises her eyebrows at me as I pour more coffee into it.
"Well" I say, trying to suppress a smile.
I lean on the kitchen counter, placing my elbows gently on top of it and resting my head in my hand.
"I'm planning something" That's all I need to say for spencer's eyes to widen with fear.
She knows how unpredictable I am.
"Ali, what are you planning?" She tilts her head slightly.
"You know emily?" I say, walking around the counter and sitting beside spencer on one of the high chairs.
"Of course I know emily," Spencer says smartly before giggling.
"Im planning to ask her out." I confess, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks.
I watch spencer's facial expression change from fear to relief.
"Thank god, i thought you were gonna run away again" Spencer laughs nervously.
"Don't worry, I haven't thought about doing anything like that in awhile."
I reassure spencer, placing my hand on her shoulder.
I'm only realising now how much I have affected her.
Spencer really does care about me, she just has a strange way of showing it I suppose.
Spencer smiles and shakes her head quickly, as if snapping back into reality.
"So, how are you going to ask her?" She smirks, sipping her coffee.
"That's a surprise that not even you can know about Spence" I laugh, standing up and fixing my cardigan.
"Okay well I have to go meet Emily at the brew, talk later?" I say, picking up my bag.
"Yeah see you later!" Spencer says as I walk out of her house.

Emily's POV
I can't believe Paige did that. What was she thinking? Why didn't I push her off straight away? I'm on the way to see Ali at the brew but I feel so guilty and I can't tell Alison or else she'll think that I still have feelings for Paige.
I feel my phone vibrate and i take it out of my pocket.
"You thought no one else knows about the kiss? Well I do. Rosewoods sluttiest lesbian. -A"
I reread it before looking around nervously.
I put my phone in my pocket and continue walking to the brew.
A knows.
I don't want to tell anyone about what happened.