Chapter 27: "Car Ride"

Arias POV
"Toothbrush?" I say looking at the long list spencer handed to me.
"Check." She says, holding up her toothbrush and putting it in her bag.
"I can't find my shorts." She says, holding a hand to her forehead.
I look around and spot them under a dresser. "Here" I say, bending down and picking them up. Spencer smiles and reaches out her hand. I put the shorts in her hand but pause when our hands touch. Spencer smiles but retaliates and looks down at the bag. I clear my throats and sit on Spencer's bed.
"What's the room arrangement?" I ask, breaking the silence.
"Well, there's 5 cabins, so caleb and hanna are sharing one, emily and alison are sharing one, mona wants her own one and then there's 2 left" Spencer finishes, looking over at me but quickly going back to packing her bag.
"I don't think it's safe to stay by yourself on the boat, just in case, you know?" I say. Spencer looks up at me and smiles. I glance at my hands before clearing my throat and picking up the list.
"Passport?"

Alison's POV
I zip up my luggage and sigh as I sit down on my bed. I sense something bad is going to happen.
I push the thoughts aside and pick up my suit case and bring it to my front door.
I hear a car pull up outside my house and a honk coming from it.
I smile to myself as I open the door and lock it behind me.
I see Emily sticking her head out of the back seat window, waving frantically as i walk towards the car. I giggle and open the door.
I greet Hanna who's sitting in the back next to Emily and go around to the back of the car and put my luggage in. I hop into the car.
"Let's go!" Aria says, sitting in the front next to spencer who's driving. We all laugh and spencer starts driving to the port.

The nearest port is 3 hours away. But i don't mind the long drive.
It's sunny outside, the sky is clear and blue. I watch the birds fly past us and get lost in the shade of the sky.
"The sky looks just like your eyes" Emily whispers, leaning into my shoulder. No one else can hear us.
Hanna has headphones in and has her hand out the window. Spencer and Aria and conversing with the radio on full blast.
I smile to myself. "Now you know how easy it is for me to get lost in them" She says, coming closer. I feel her breath on the back of my neck. I turn my head to look at her. She looks at me with a mischievous glint in her eye.
I lean on her shoulder and put my lips to her ear.
"You're making it really hard for me to not kiss you right now." I whisper, pulling back to watch her blush, I grab her hand and intertwine our fingers.
She smiles, and puts her head on my shoulder.

Spencer's POV
I turn the car mirror slightly so I can see what's happening in the back. I smile when I see Emily lay her head on Ali's shoulder.
I nudge Aria and gesture to the mirror, but i continue to sing along with the radio so that they don't realise we're watching them.
Aria bites her lip and raises her eyebrows. I laugh, she's so adorable.
I mean, funny. She's so funny.
I clear my throat and shake my head, still smiling.
Aria looks at me and nudges me gently.
I look at her and look at the mirror.
Emily is after falling asleep on Alison.
Her head is resting on alison's lap and ali is gently stroking her head, smiling down at her lovingly. It seems like she forgot that we're all in the car.
I look over at Hanna who notices the girls beside her. She looks at them then looks over at me and smiles, rolling her eyes jokingly. I laugh, which causes Ali to look up. I look at her and smirk. I wink and Ali blushes, shaking her head gently and looking down at Emily.

Emily's POV
I open my eyes and adjust to the slight change in lighting. I groan. "Oh look who's awake!" I hear Spencer say, followed by a giggle from Aria.
I look up and see Alison looking down at me, her lips curling as she smiles at me. I smile at her and sit up, untangling myself from her. I feel the absence of her immediately.
"How long until we get there?" I ask, yawning.
"20 minutes" Aria says looking back at me. She smirks at raises her eyebrows at me. I look at her, confused.
I look down and realise that I'm still holding hands with Ali. I don't plan on letting go. Aria turns back to face ahead and I look over at Alison who's staring out the window. I nudge her gently and she looks at me. I lose myself for a moment, getting lost in her piercing blue eyes.
"Hey" I smile, she smiles back.
"Hey" She giggles. She rests her head on my shoulder and nuzzles into me as much as the seat belt will let her.
I smile to myself, realising how happy I am. I haven't felt like this in ages.
Im in a car with my bestfriends, driving to a 2 week long cruise with my other bestfriends.
I look down at me and Ali's joined hands and squeeze gently. She squeezes back which makes a small smile escape from me.
I look out of the window and watch the ocean become nearer.