Chapter 22 "The Short Story"

Alison's POV
I slowly open my eyes and let myself adjust to the morning light peering in through the slightly opened curtains.
I take a deep breath in and blink a few times, smiling to myself as I do so.
I haven't slept that well in ages.
I then notice the arm that's loosely wrapped around my waste, which reminds me of the event that occurred last night.
I smile wider, turning my head slightly to look at my first ever girl crush,
Emily Fields.
First? Yes.
Have I had others? Well, maybe.
But damn, If this is what love feels like?
It could be the reason why my heart beats quicker than usual, or I slur my words, or I can't concentrate on anything because of one particular person who's constantly occupying my mind.

flashback

I take my seat in English, being one of the first here so I could have time to make sure I got all of my work done before Mr.Fitz came in.
I place my books on my table and reach down into my bag.
I hear footsteps and someone open the door.
I take no notice until I look up and see Emily.
I pause for a second, staring at her with wide eyes.
She's wearing her signature ripped shirt, a flannel tied around her waste and ripped jeans but damn, she looks good.
I gather myself, and go back to fixing my mistakes that I made doing my homework.
Emily takes the seat in front of me, turning around to talk to me.
Her head turns and the first thing I notice is her million dollar smile. I feel my heart flutter but I ignore it, smiling back.
"Did you do the homework?" She says, her voice raspy as if she just woke up.
"Ahh- uh yeah" I stutter. She giggles.
"Me too"
And just then, Mr.Fitz walks in, and everyone takes their seats.
For that whole class I couldn't wipe the million dollar smile off my mind.
It's the first time I realized that I could have feelings for Emily Fields.

I smile again and sit up in the bed, carefully, trying not to wake her up.
She stirs slightly but it results in her snuggling her head into me and her arm wrapping tighter around my waste.
I sigh, pushing a strand of hair behind her ears.
"If only you knew how much I love you" I whisper, tracing small patterns on her cheek.
I notice her lip curve slightly, but it must've been my imagination because when I blink, it's back to the way it was before.
I push the thought aside.
a/n I thought it would be good to add in the other characters points of view, to add more to the story.
Ezra's POV
I groan in frustration, sitting back in my chair as I stare at the blank document on my laptop.
I need to start on a new book, but I can't think of any ideas at all.
Writers block.
The cons of being a full time author.
What do I write it about?
Romance? Adventure? Action?
"Hm" I mumble aloud, opening up my browser and keying in 'writing competitions'
The first one that pops up.

"PHILLADELPHIA WRITING COMPETITION"
I smile to myself as I click on it.

"Calling all authors! Do you want to win 10 FREE tickets to board the luxurious L.S PHIL that sets sail in one month? Well lucky you! All you have to do is submit a short story here with the theme of 'Horror and sacrifice' for your chance to win!"
My eyes widen, as i look at the closing date which is in a weeks time.

The theme describes what all the girls have been through.
I think for a second, but begin typing.
Lily, the ring leader of the small group of friends finds herself in a sticky situation when she suddenly disappears. The group must decide how to deal with threatening texts from 'A' and one girl deals with a forbidden love.
The summary of the short story.
I smile and begin typing the full story.

Emily's POV
I'm in the kitchen with Ali, who's cooking breakfast.
I'm sitting on the kitchen counter, observing her.
Last night was magical. I just don't know where we stand after that.
And one thing that's on my mind is how I dreamed of maya.
I'm over maya, I think.
But she's alive, she saved my life.
Where is she? Where did she go?
I push my questions aside and hop off the counter, slowly walking behind Ali and wrapping my arms around her waste and placing my head on her shoulder.
"Em" She says slowly.
I loosen my grip, thinking that she's uncomfortable, but she turns around in my arms and kisses me softly.
"These eggs aren't going to cook themselves" She whispers, before turning around to stop the eggs from burning.
I laugh, untangling myself from her and moving around the other side of the counter.
I open up my phone to see if i got any texts.
A text from Ezra?
I open it and read it slowly.
"Hey Emily, do you mind stopping over at my loft real quick? I need to ask you about something."
I smile and reply, saying that i'll be over in an hour.
"Ali" I say, my voice still raspy from waking up.
She turns her head slightly and smiles.
"I love it when you say my name" She says softly.
I blush, looking down and biting my lip.
"I've gotta go soon, are you okay here on your own?" I ask.
"Yeah don't worry." She smiles, turning back around.
I smile to myself and walk over to her.

"Bye" I whisper to her as I come closer to her.
"Ali" I say after a slight pause.
She giggles, wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me into her.
I look into her eyes, which gives me a sudden lust to kiss her.
I place my lips on hers.
It's a short kiss, but when we part, she smiles.
"Oh my god the eggs!" She shrieks, turning her attention back to the eggs.
I laugh.
"See you later!" I shout as I leave her house.

Ezras POV

When I get off the phone with Emily, I frantically tap the side of my laptop.
I'm almost finished the short story, I just need an idea and I know Emily can help me.
I lose track of time and there's a knock at the door.
I open the door and I'm greeted by a strangely, cheerful Emily. She skips into my room.
"What got you all happy?" I laugh. 
I haven't seen Emily this happy since...
well, I've never seen Emily this happy.
"Oh, it's nothing" She blushes, pausing before sitting down.
"What did you want to talk to me about?" She asks, changing the subject.
I hold up my finger, quickly walking over and sitting down.
I swing my laptop to face her.
"Short story competition" she mumbles, reading it.
"Wow" her eyes widen.
"Don't tell anyone about it, unless I win" I tell her.
She looks at me, but reads the story.
I sit nervously, unbeknownst of her reaction.
"It's really good" She nods, looking at me.
"Thanks" I laugh nervously.
"Um, I kinda need some help for the last paragraph" I admit, looking at her.
She smiles and starts typing.
Hmph.