Chapter 23: "Questions"

Alison's POV
All good times we have seem to always end up with me sitting at a table in the Rosewood police station huh?

3 hours earlier.
I take a sip of my coffee as I listen to Emily's story about how she fell into a lake when she was 5 , I honestly can't believe i've never heard it before.
I suppress my laughter as her face goes serious when she says "My dad pushed me into the lake"
"Don't laugh" She crosses her arms.
I place my cup onto the table and pause.
She raises her eyebrows and I burst out laughing.
She scoffs, picking up her latte and drinking it.
I smile at her.
She's really cute when she's annoyed.
That's when all of a sudden, Something pops into my mind.
We haven't gotten any texts or anything from A ever since we got Caleb back.
I don't know if i should be relieved,
or worried.
I push it aside, telling myself that I shouldn't worry about it.
I put my focus onto the girl in front of me, who's looking out the window, the midday sun lighting up her face, her brown eyes glinting in the sunlight.
I smile as I look at her.
"You're beautiful" I accidentally mumble out loud.
She turns slowly to me, a smile spreading across her face.
She looks down at my hands on the table and gently reaches her hand out, resting it on top of mine.
I smile at her, unable to take my eyes off her.
Unfortunately, all good moments must come to an end.
At the corner of my eye I see Aria and Spencer walking towards to brew.
I quickly take my hand away from Emily's.
"Sparia are coming" I whisper.
She laughs slightly, but her smile fades.
Hm.
"Hey" I say, she looks up at me.
"Soon" I smile. Emily nods and smiles, then Spencer and Aria wander into the brew, spotting us immediately.
"Hey guys!" Aria says cheerfully.
"Hello lesbians!" Spencer greets us, jokingly nudging Aria.
"Spencer!" She says, pushing her playfully.
"It's okay, I'm pretty sure we're all lesbians here." I say slyly, raising my eyebrow at them.
They laugh nervously, looking at each other for support on what to say.
I see Emily trying to suppress her laughter at the corner of my eye.
"So" Aria says, breaking the awkwardness that I caused.
I love doing that.
"What brings ye here?" Aria says, sitting down beside me.
"Coffee" I say, gesturing to our half empty mugs.
"Right" Aria says, biting her lip, trying her best to recover after my hint about me knowing what they did.
I'm not sure if Emily knows, I didn't get a chance to ask.
"I was thinking" Spencer begins after a long pause.
"We could all go on a holiday" She says cheerfully.
I look over at Emily, who's eyes widen.
"Hold that thought" She says, standing up.
"I'll be right back."

Emily's POV
I quickly get up and go around the corner, dialing Ezra's phone number.
When he answers, i don't give him a chance to say hello.
"Did you win?" I ask.
"I was going to tell you later" He laughs.
"Yes I got the tickets."
"Yes!" I squeal.
I look around and notice people looking at me.
I cough.
"When are you telling the others?" I ask, a bit quieter.
"Tonight, My place." He says.
"Okay I gotta go, see you then" I quickly hang up.
I smile to myself, excited about the girls reactions when they find out about the cruise.
I walk back over to the table, smiling at them when I sit down.
"One problem" Aria sighs, looking at us. 
"We don't have money" she looks down.
"We'll sort it out tomorrow, you'll see" I smirk. They look confused, but agree with me.

We're eating our Lunch when we hear a familiar voice behind us.
"Girls" I see Alison's face drop.
I turn around.
Tanner.
"Officer" I scoff. She rolls her eyes.
She turns her attention to Alison, who is nervously fiddling with a napkin.
"Alison" Tanner speaks confidently.
"I'm here because I want to bring you in for questioning." She sighs. My eyes widen at Ali.
"what? Why?" I say defensively.
"We're investigating the murder of Charolette Dilaurentis" She folds her arms, raising her eyebrows at us.
"You seriously don't think I killed my own sister do you?" The anger and hurt in Alison's voice is indescribable.
"No no no" Tanner shakes her head.
"Just making sure, now come with me" She smiles, pointing towards the door and the police car that's out front.
I look at Ali.
She nods and gives me a smile.
I start to worry, but surely i have nothing to worry about right?
"I'll talk to ye later" She says, suddenly confident. She's after building up that wall again. The wall that took years for me to knock down, to show the real Ali.
It's strange how easily that wall could be put up, and i'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
I watch as Alison walks in front of Tanner, strutting confidently towards the police car.
I look at the other girls, my mouth open but no words coming out.
They sympathise, aria putting her hand on top of mine and Spencer rubbing my back.
"She'll be okay" Aria smiled, giving me a small sense of hope.
I sure hope so.

Alison's POV
Present Time
I'm tapping my fingers impatiently on the cold metal table in the questioning room.
I have nothing to be nervous about, but this room alone is causing so many unwanted memories to pop up that it's making me shiver.
After what feels like an eternity of waiting, Tanner comes into the room.
I look at the double sided mirror and sigh.
She sits down in front of me, placing her note pad down.
She goes through my rights and stuff.
I do have the right to walk out if I wanted.
"Where were you the night Charolette was killed?" She begins, looking intently at me.
"At home, asleep." I say truthfully. She pauses, but looks down at her notepad, picking up her pen and scribbling down my answer.
"When was the last time you saw her before you were asleep?" Her eyes narrow, hungry for answers.
"It was at around 6 o clock, not sure, we just got home from a walk and I ask her if she wanted to get a take out. She said no, and that she was going out with someone and won't be back until later. But she um.." My voice cracks, thinking back on those last moments we shared.
Tanner nods, writing down what i said on the notepad.
"Well, Alison, you're free to go." She smiles, standing up and leaving.
I take a deep breath, relieved that it was finally over.

Emily's POV
We're gathered in Ezras loft.
Me, Aria, Spencer, Hannah, Caleb and Mona sat on the couches conversing.
I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.
"I'm out, on the way to Ezras. See you soon x"
Ali texts me.
The 'x' maybe me smile a little. I just hope she's okay.
I get distracted, and soon enough there's a knock at the door and Ali appears at the opening.
I look up at her, our eyes finding each other.
My heart flutters and a smile spreads across my face.
She laughs and I take time to acknowledge her beautiful laugh and smile.
"Okay now that everyone is here" Ezra says, closing the door behind Ali.
She quickly makes her way over to me and sits down, slipping her hand into mine. I hide our hands behind us, not sure of what we are yet, so I don't want people trying to assume things.
Ezra looks at us and smiles.
"I won tickets to a cruise that leaves in 2 weeks!" He says. We all look at each other, slightly shocked but the excitement breaks out and suddenly everyone jumps onto Ezra, resulting in a giant pile of bodies.
We all stand up and laugh it off.
As Ali stands up, she trips over someone's foot.
I react immediately, reaching my arms out and catching her, pulling her into me.
She looks up at me, and I stare into her beautiful blue eyes.
"My knight in shining army" She whispers, biting her lip.
I feel myself blush and I help her to stand up.
We sit back down and listen to Ezra tell the story of how he got the tickets.
I'm just excited to spend loads of time alone with Ali on a ship.