Chapter 32: "Loss"

Spencer's POV
After the call i get from aria, I divert my direction towards her room to alis room instead.
I try to rush as fast I can without spilling the 5 cups of coffee i'm holding.
I rush into the elevator. "3rd floor" I say quickly but politely.
"Sure" I hear a strangely familiar voice say.
I look up and gasp.
"Paige?" I whisper, looking her up and down.
"You look like you've seen a ghost" She says sarcastically. Leaning against the elevator wall.
"Oh no, I just, didn't even know you were on the cruise." I  fake a smile. She scoffs. "Oh well then I guess it's quite a shocker" She looks at me, trying to figure out if Alison told us.
The tension in the small space is overwhelming. I don't speak, I don't want to ask about Emily directly so I bring her up as a conversation.
"Does Emily know you're here?" I ask, trying to make it as if the tension is easing.
"I'm sure she does" She shakes her head, looking at me.
I give her a small smile but look down at the ground until the elevator doors open for the third floor.
"Oh and Spencer," Paige says as I exit.
"Tell the others I said hi" She smirks as the doors close.
I stand still, staring at the now shut doors, bewildered.
I shake off the feeling of tension and rush to Alison's room. 235.

Arias POV
There's a knock at the door and I open it quickly.
Spencer stands there holding coffee and a look of shock on her face.
"Quick" I say, gesturing for her to get in and I shut the door.
She sets the coffee down on the table.
"I think Paige knows where Emily is"
She says, almost out of breath.
"What do you mean?" Alison says, standing up from the couch that she hasn't gotten up from since we got here.
"I was trapped in an elevator with her for approximately 3 minutes and 42 seconds" She looks at each of us.
"I asked her if emily knows she's on the cruise and she said 'I'm sure she does' and then she asked me to say hi to all of you" She says quickly. My eyes widen and I go over to spencer and bring her over to the bed to sit down.
"Do you think she's A?" Ezra says, still pacing the room.
"I don't know. All i know is that we have to find a way into her room." Spencer states, looking at Ezra.
"Caleb and Hanna should be here any minute. I'm sure Caleb will be able to find out where her room is" Alison says quietly from the couch.
I look at her. I feel so sorry for her.
I'm not sure what's going on between her and emily but all i know is that she hasn't left emily's side for the whole cruise so far.
I sigh and look at spencer who's fiddling with loose threads on her shirt.

Emily's POV
I don't know who I am, I don't know where I am.
I rub the back of my head as it aches and aches. I look around and notice that I'm in a dark room. The floor is damp and there's a rusty, mouldy smell.
"Oh great you're awake!" I hear an unfamiliar, yet familiar voice say.
"Who are you?" I say helplessly. My voice is raspy.
"You don't remember me?" They say, kneeling in front of me. It's a girl, from what I can tell from the silhouette.
I shake my head. I can't even remember my own name.
"What a shame" She says, sighing and flicking on a light.
She has short brown hair and a figure fit for an olympic swimmer.
I still don't know who it is.
"Who am I?" I ask her.
She looks at me while standing up.
"Your name is Emily Fields." She steps closer to me, bending down once again.
"And I'm your girlfriend."
She smirks as she puts a strand of hair behind my ear.
"girlfriend?" I question. This is all so weird.
"Yes, girlfriend." She smiles.
I shiver. This isn't right. Something isn't right about this.