Chapter 40 - "Get My Mind Off Things"

Alison's POV
One week later.

Its been around a week since I opened the letter informing me about Mary Drakes death.
I didn't know her well, but what i knew is that she was apart of my family.
Emily hasn't been talking much lately and I've been trying to figure out why but she always brushes it off as 'new job jitters'. But i know its more than that.
I try not to push on it too much, but I'm not going to lie, it's been bugging me.
I'm just afraid that she's reconsidering her feelings for me.
Its around 8pm and I'm sitting in the living room waiting for Emily to come home from work.
My phone beeps and my heart stops for a millisecond or two.

Hanna: Hey guys, i was wondering if ye want to meet up? Its been awhile since we've all been together in the same room

I sigh.
Me: Yeah! Count me in.
Aria: Sorry, count me out, i'm in new york with ezra. Work emergency.
Spencer: Oh a work emergency? ;)
Aria: Shut up! Let's be professional we're adults.
Spencer: Okay okay, Oh yeah Hanna ill be their.
Spencer: *there
Emily: Spencer Hastings? Spelling a word incorrectly! 😲

I look at the phone screen for a few seconds.
Me: Emily I thought you were at work?
There's no reply for a few seconds.
Emily: Uh yeah, I am. I'm in the break room getting the coach tea.
I see no point in arguing so I let it slide.
Me: oh okay.
Hanna: My apartment tomorrow at 6?
Me: Sounds good, I'll be there!
Hanna: Okay see ye then!

Emily's POV
I shakily put the phone down. "Who was that?" Paige says from the corner of the break room.
"Oh just my mom." I smile and turn around.
Paige nods, gripping a clipboard. There's an awkward silence. I still haven't told the girls that Paige also got the job. I don't want them feeling the need to look out for me all the time. Especially if its a situation i can handle myself.
"Em I-" I cut Paige off and begin pouring water into the mug.
"Its fine. You don't need to apologise." I stir the tea bag around and place the spoon in the sink.
"I hurt you" She comes towards me and sits on the counter. "Yeah," I turn to her. "You did." I pick up the mug of tea and start walking towards the door.
"Wait!" Paige shouts and I pause in my footsteps.
"You have to break up with Alison". She says in a stern voice. I look at her, confused. "Who said we were together?" I turn back around the face her. "You have to trust me. She isn't good news. " I roll my eyes and leave the break room.
As i'm walking, a small teenage girl pushes past me.
"Hey!" I yell. The girl turns around.
"Addison what are you doing at school it's 8 o clock." I glare at her.
Addison is a lot of trouble. She's bullied a lot of girls in the school, she was a handful when she was a swimmer. She's like a mini Alison, except.. meaner.
"That isn't your concern" She folds her arms.
I step towards her. "Listen to me, whatever you're up to, it's not good. Go home, Addison." But all she does is smile. I grab her arm and she raises her eyebrows. She knows she can get me fired. I groan and let go. She waves at me as I walk away.

Alison's POV
I hear a door open and I stand up.
"Em?" I shout, making sure it's her. I hear a muffled "Its me" and sigh with relief.
"Hey" She says, entering the living room. She looks tired.
"Long day?" I ask, handing her a glass of wine.
"Don't even get me started." She groans and sits down next to me. "Do you wanna talk about it or do you want me to get your mind off things?" I lean slightly towards her, resting my head on the back of the couch.
"I think getting my mind off things sounds so appealing right now" She smiles, and looks down and swirls the wine in her glass.
I reach out my arm and gently push strands of her hair behind her ear, which makes her look up at me. I lean in and gently kiss her. When we part she smiles at me.
"You're so beautiful." She says, looking into my eyes. I giggle and rest my head on her shoulder.
"I love you, Emily Fields."
"I love you too, Alison Dilaurentis"

Authors NOTE
Okay so as you can see i'm trying to input the new characters into the fan fiction since they don't have a big storyline on the show because of how new they are.
I'm gonna write more now that the show has ended so yUP