Chapter 41: "Family"

AUTHORS NOTE
i just want to say thank you to pretty little liars for everything they've done for me over the years i'm really grateful. the first time i wrote was when i was inspired by the show and wrote my first PLL fan fiction 3 years ago. Like wow. Anyways I'm satisfied with the ending as time passes and after looking at theories and stuff it all adds up.

I'm going to be inputting the new characters into this, I might change them slightly to fit the fan fiction.
I really liked Alex Drakes character (yes ik she was the bad guy but her personality and stuff just interested me a lot) So get ready for some of that!
Fan fiction writing is truly numbing the pain of knowing that there's never going to be another PLL day again.. :(

Emily's POV
I wake up to my phone beeping violently beside my bed. I jolt awake and feel the presence of Ali beside me, making me sigh with relief.
I check my phone to see text messages from the group chat.

Hanna: Hey guys come whatever time you want because my plans with Caleb were cancelled so i'm alone all day lol
Spencer: ill be over soon!
Alison: Me too!

I rub my eyes and turn beside me to see Alison on her phone under the covers.
"Good morning" I smile, gently pulling back the covers.
"Morning" She smiles up at me. I lean down and kiss her forehead.
"What time are we going to Hannas?" I ask, getting myself out of bed.
"2? Its a saturday so you're not working." Alison also gets out of bed.
I nod in agreement and get changed.
"Em?" Ali says, turning towards me.
"Yeah?" I continue making the bed.
"Over a week ago I got a note from A" She says quickly and I pause in my tracks.
"You what?" I look at her, concerned.
"It said that Mary Drake is dead" She looks down and continues getting dressed.
"Mary Drake? Charolettes mom? The woman who was here awhile ago?" I question, walking towards Ali.
"Yeah. I don't know if I should believe it or not." She brushes her hand through her hair.
"The only proof there is that she's dead is that note." I say, taking Ali's hand.
"Yeah you're right" She sighs, looking up at me.
I give her a soft quick kiss. "Come on, get ready" I smile.

Spencer's POV
I pour coffee into the mug and put my phone on silent. All i've been hearing all morning is the beeping of text messages and it's giving me a headache. I take my coffee and sit on the sofa, resting my legs on the dining table.
The barn is cozy, I'm really glad I decided to move back in.
There's a faint knock at my door but I choose to ignore it because I'm just too tired to deal with people this morning.
The knock gets louder and suspiciously, unfamiliar. I put my coffee down on the table and stand up, slowly walking to the door.
The knocking stops and I open the door.
A tall woman with black hair, almost identical to Jessica DiLaurentis. "Spencer" She sighs, letting herself into my house.
"Do I know you?" I ask slowly. She turns around and the smile on her face fades. She shakes her head. "I wish you did, I couldn't keep this a secret any longer. I'm surprised Peter hasn't told you yet, you're so grown up" I stand still, not knowing what to do in this situation. "Peter? My dad? What does he have to do with-" I try to interrogate her but she cuts me off. "You have no idea how long its taken me to see you," She smiles again, and her posture relaxes. "I think you might want to sit down" She sighs, making her way to the couch. I close the door of the barn and follow her footsteps, when I realise she hasn't even told me her name.
"What's your name?" I ask, slowly sitting down next to her. She pauses and looks at me, holding back words. I raise my eyebrows and she takes a breath. "Mary, Mary drake" She says. I stand up quickly and defensively.
"Drake? Your name is Mary Drake? Like Cece Drake?" My voice level rises and I see her face fill with fear.
"Spencer, Let me explain." She says sternly. I refuse to sit down. "How do you even know my name? Where I live? Who ARE you?" I start to yell when she looks at me with serious eyes and I read the words off her lips as if it's in slow motion.
"I'm your mother"

Alison's POV
We arrive at Hannas apartment building and go to her apartment.
"Are we going to tell them?" Emily asks, Looking at me as we walk.
"Tell them what?" I question, looking at her and she looks away quickly. "Uh, nothing" She says. I shrug and brush it off as we reach Hannas door.
Emily knocks and Hanna opens after a few minutes.
"Hey!" She says with glee, dragging us into her apartment and crushing us with hugs.
"Hey" I laugh. "Is Spencer here yet?" Emily asks, looking around.
Hanna shrugs and shakes her head. "Nope" She says, popping the P. I nod and sit down.
"Tea? Coffee?" Hanna says, pausing. "Or wine?" She smirks. We both laugh. "Wine for me!" I say. Emily paused but nods and says "Me too"
Hanna gets the drinks and places them in front of us.
"So what have ye been up to?" Hanna asks, sipping her wine.
Emily and I glance at each other and blush.
I watch as Hannas eyes widen.
She points between me and emily.
"You two!" She smiles.
She smirks and nods. "About time." We all laugh and start talking about Hanna and what she's been up to.
Everything comes to a pause when there's a loud knock at the door.
Hanna gets up and opens the door.
Spencer stands there, her eyes bloodshot and her hair a mess.
"Spence?" Emily stands up, quickly walking to her and leading her into the apartment.
She sits her down on the couch and holds her hand.
"Spencer? Everything okay?" Hanna asks, sitting down next to her.
"Do ye know someone called Mary Drake?" She asks shakily. Hanna shakes her head no but I look urgently at Emily.
"Yeah, why ?" I say slowly and Emily nods.
"She's.." Spencer pauses and takes a breath.
I brace myself, knowing that Spencer is about to say that she's dead but the words that come out of Spencer's mouth stun me.
"She's my mother" Spencer whispers, her glassy eyes fixed on one spot on the floor.
My eyes widen.
"What?" I ask quickly.
Spencer looks up at me, the vulnerable look in her eyes tells me that I shouldn't be pushing questions on her right now.
I stand up and get her a glass of water.