Chapter 10: "Just dinner"

Hey guys sorry for not updating a lot i'm sick rn and can't concentrate on typing but i'm gonna write this quick one and sleep so enjoy!

Alison's POV
"Shit guys i've got to go meet up with aria at the brew, do ye mind staying here? I can't trust my laptop on its own knowing A is back" Spencer says, sitting up quickly while looking at her phone. She takes one glance at us to see if we are nodding. "I'll be back in a few hours, make yourselves at home." She mumbles while opening the back door and closing it behind her.
I look over at Emily and smile.
What do I even say?
"Hey" I say, giving her a shy smile.
Wow, 'hey' alison? really?
I cringe at myself in my head before tuning back into reality.
"Hey" Emily laughs.
We both speak at the same time.
"So i've been thinking-"
I giggle before saying "You go first" and smiling as emily gives me a nervous smile and twists around the bracelet she's wearing.
"i don't know, i was just thinking, maybe am, if you want to" Emily stumbles with her words.
I know exactly what he wants to ask.
"Go out for dinner?" I finish for her.
She lets out a laughter of relief and nods at my correct finish.
"So a date?" I smirk, tilting my head slightly, studying her.
"It's just dinner" She smiles back.
I've noticed that smile before, the one she would use whenever we were alone, when we had our... moments. It's a shy smile but it says a lot about what's on her mind.
"Alright then, just dinner." I laugh, she laughs too, maintaining eye contact with me the whole time.
"I'll pick you up at 8!" I say, standing up and putting my bag around my shoulder.
Emily laughs and stands up to say goodbye.
"See you then" She smiles, reaching out her arms. We have a quick hug before she pulls away to smile at me and nod. I nod back, not sure why we're nodding but i go along with it.
I start walking towards the door and turn around before i turn the handle. I smile at emily one more time before leaving Spencer's house and walking to my car, smiling away to myself.

Emily's POV
4:34pm
I have a few hours to get ready for dinner.
I don't want to call it a date, the word 'date' makes me nervous about going to it. Technically it is a date, but i really don't want to admit it. I still need to talk to Paige about where we stand before i do anything with Ali.
I'm still scared of what might happen, if we do end up doing what people do on dates.
She's hurt me before, i know i've said it many times but it's always something i'll never be able to forget.
Everytime she hurts me, i come running back, so why wouldn't it be the same this time? I just came running back for her to rip up my heart again.
It's just dinner, i don't have anything to be worrying about. I'm the one who asked her in the first place. I sigh and go to spencer's room to look for an outfit to wear tonight.
After a while of debating with myself in the mirror, i chose my casual look because it's just dinner.
I'm wearing ripped jeans, my favourite band shirt and a red flannel. I look in the mirror and start studying myself.
I look tired, drained. I smile to see if that helps, which it doesn't. I sigh while walking away from the mirror and putting on my shoes.
7:47pm
Ali should be here anytime soon. I feel myself start to get nervous.
It's just dinner.

I hear a car pull up outside the house, the sound of the motor stops and i hear a door open and close.
It's definitely Alison.
I quickly grab my bag and leave the house, putting the key under the plant pot.

Hey guys i'm so sorry that this is such a short chapter i'll continue it tomorrow in the next chapter i just need to update and the amount of mistakes i made because of how sick and tired i am like jfc anyways leave sugggestions in the comments!