Chapter 26: "Truth"

Emily's POV

Ive been avoiding Alison for 2 days now. Its hard. Not being able to see her for this long has taken a toll on me. I guess its harder for her, seeing as she thinks I'm mad at her. The whole point of this is because I'm mad at myself. I havent received any A threats lately but the cruise is in 2 days and hopefully A wont be aboard the boat. I sit with my knees tucked up on my windowsill looking out the window. This is where I always sit to think. I try not to think too much. It always ends up with me finding another reason to hate myself.

Theres a gentle knock at my bedroom door. One that I can recognise. I sigh and walk over to the door, bracing myself before opening it. "Oh hey Ali." I smile, trying not to seem as nervous as I am about this. Ali looks me in the eyes before smiling back. My heart skips a beat, watching how she smiles and how her dimples are clearly visible when she does. "Hi Em" She says, walking into the room and sitting on my bed. "It hasnt changed much" Ali says, looking around. I nod and sit down next to her. She looks at me and as I open my mouth to speak she cuts me off. "You dont have to say anything, I already know whats wrong" Ali says taking my hand. I gulp. How does Ali know? Did A tell her? I look at her slightly confused. She squeezes my hand. "I know youre scared of what the others will think of us sharing one room on the cruise, you dont need to avoid me because of that. Spencer told me you could be nervous about it." Ali smiles slightly before putting her head on my shoulder. I panic and go along with it. "Uh yeah, I guess it'll be fine" I give her a small reassuring smile before intertwining my fingers in hers.
She looks down at ours hands and smiles.
"Em?" Ali says, looking back up at me and holding eye contact.
"Yeah" I say, my voice cracking to almost a whisper.
"I want to tell you something," She pauses, smiling slightly before glancing down and our hands and looking back up again.
"I'm not sure why you've been avoiding me lately but the space gave me time to think and," She says, maintaining eye contact with me.
"The truth is, I have really strong feelings for you. Really really strong. And we haven't talked about it since the night at the hospital and I just want you to know that I-" She glances at our hands. I squeeze her hand, encouraging her to continue.
"I love you Em" She smiles nervously, waiting for my response.
"Ali I love you too" I smile and glance at our hands again, leaning slightly into alison.
"Look Ali-" I sigh, making eye contact with her once again.
"The reason I've been avoiding you is because," I cough, and nervously look at ali.
I hope she won't be mad at me. I have to tell her now before A ends up doing the deed for me.
"I was at the pool and when I got out Paige came over to me, I didn't know what to do so I tried to be friendly but she got the wrong idea and kissed me," My voice cracks as my hand stiffens in ali's. I look up at alison who doesn't look mad, she looks concerned.
"I pushed her away and left, that's why i've been avoiding you Ali, A sent me a text saying that if I kiss you that he, she, it, bitch would tell you what happened. So i panicked and avoided you." I look down. I try to hold back the tears but I can't help it. "I'm sorry." I whisper, a tear escaping from my eye.
"Emily, don't be sorry it's not your fault. Listen to me," She says and puts her hand on my chin, turning my face towards her. "I'm not mad at you," She squeezes my hand. I lean into her and she wraps an arm around me as I nuzzle into her chest.

Alison's POV
The thought of Paige kissing emily does hurt, but i'm not mad at her. Paige is a cold hearted bitch. That's all I have to say. She goes out of her way to confuse Emily, she tries to ruin her relationships and gets in the way of things that don't involve her.
I look down at Emily and gently stroke her hair, trying to sooth her and calm her down.
I plant a small kiss on her forehead and feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.
I take it out and read the text.

Maybe you can stop Paige from hurting Emily but can you stop me? -A
I gulp, I tighten my grip on emily.
One thing is for sure.
I'm never letting Emily out of my sight.