Chapter 39: "Top Secret"

Alison's POV
"Im leaving now" Emily says, placing her bag on top of the kitchen counter.
"You have to go so soon? It's only like 10am." I ask, almost pouting. I stand up from my chair and lean against the counter.
Emily looks at me, "Yeah, the meetings are always early" She shakes her head and rustles through her bag. I blink a few times before putting a hand to my head. "Uh.. yeah, obviously." There's a silence before Emily stops and faces me.
"Ali, why don't you have a job?" She says bluntly. I look down and sigh. "I don't know, I haven't thought about it."
I look back up a Emily, who's expression softens. She steps closer to me.
"Come to the brew for lunch. I'll pay." She smiles, pushing a strand of hair behind me ear.
I nod, looking into her eyes. My heart begins to race and everything is blurry except for Emily, who's only inches apart from me.
I feel her slowly coming closer to me, our faces are now centimetres away.
She smiles and leans her forehead against mine. I can't help but smile and she places her hand on my cheek, brushing it slowly.
I gather up all my courage, placing my hand on emily's side and slowly leaning into her lips.
She meets me half way and we share a short but sweet kiss.
Although it was only a few seconds, I feel as if the kiss lasted an eternity. The sweet sensation of her lips lingers on mine.
I look her in the eyes and watch as she blushes and turns away, picking up her bag from the counter.
"Meet me at the brew at 1! Don't forget!" She smirks, walking out the front door.
I sigh, not being able to wipe the smile off my face.

Emily's POV
When I shut the car door, I screech with glee. I can almost feel tears coming to my eyes from the amount of happiness flowing through me.
It was a short kiss, but it's replaying in my head on repeat.
It doesn't feel real. It feels like a different world where everything is going right. I know that this is the start of something amazing.

I start the car and begin driving to the school.
When I park the car at the front of the building I notice a familiar car parked in front of me.
I can't put my finger on where i've seen it before or who owns it, but i recognise it.
I shake it off and walk into the school building.
As i walk through the halls, memories flood my mind. Good and bad.
I slow down when I walk past the library on the way to the principals office.
I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness.. against all discouragement there could be.
A smile spread across my face as I remember those words bouncing off Alison's lip, describing exactly how I felt about that girl, and how I still feel about her.
I continue walking, and stand outside Mr Hackets door. It's hard to think that he's still the principal.
I knock and here a muffled "come in".
I open the door and see Mr Hacket smiling up at me, but a figure in the chair beside the empty one.
I pause and stutter. "Uh- Hi Sir." I smile, closing the door behind me.
The figure slowly turns around and I feel like jumping out of the nearest window.
"Hey Emily." Paige smiles, raising eyebrows.
I freeze, not sure of how to react.
"Emily this is Paige, you remember each other right?" Mr Hacket glances between us nervously.
"Uh yeah" I shake my head and laugh a little, trying to not make it awkward for him.
I clear my throat and sit down next to Paige.

Alison's POV
Emily and I have been through a lot together. That being said; we have gotten time to really discuss about where we stand in terms of a relationship.
After the accident on the cruise, I feel like it's after all taking a giant leap back.
But for the better. It feels real.
I pick up the sealed envelope that I haven't opened yet and sit down on the couch.
I look for an address or name but it's blank. I start getting nervous as I tear open the envelope.
I unfold the white paper and look at it, confused.
there's only a few words, printed onto the page in a scriptive font.
Mary drake is dead. -A

I stare at the page and place it down gently. I'm not sure what to do, who to tell.
Maybe it isn't through, i've learned that -A isn't necessarily someone to be trusted.
Maybe they're just trying to scare me.
But why?

Authors Note
helloooo sorry for not updating (again) i have exams coming up so i'm a bit busy.
Also apologies if things are repetitive I always forget what happens in previous chapters but hopefully it isn't confusing