Chapter 3: "More Secrets"

I'm gonna try and write a chapter a day probably but if I don't have time I'm v sorry I'm busy but I'll try and leave some feedback as well thank
----

Alison's POV
I wake up with Emily's arm still around me. I sit up a small bit and notice that we've changed positions over night. I'm lying on her left arm, her right arm wrapped tightly around my waste, holding onto my hand. I nudge her a little which makes her eyes slowly open and remove her hand quickly from mine. I look over at her. "Wake up, sleepy head" I say and she smiles, sitting up in the bed. It looks like she didn't get a lot of sleep.
"Sleep well?" I ask, noticing the tired look in her eyes. She smiles tiredly, putting her hand over her mouth as she lets out a small yawn. "Yup" she sighs. I can tell that she's lying but I decide not to push. I roll out of bed and throw on a sweater. I didn't notice that the sweater I put on, is in fact Emily's. The one she gave me ages ago. I smile to myself.
Why did you have to be such a bitch to her Alison?
i wasn't a bitch, I was just, confused? Confused with myself? Confused by my feelings?
You used her feelings for you against her, you broke her.
I didn't mean it and I regret everything okay? I didn't want to hurt her, I just. I don't know.
One thing I do know is that
I like boys.

Emily's POV
I walk downstairs into Alis kitchen.
"Mona?" Mona is sitting on the counter, enjoying an apple. She smiles at me, hopping off of the counter excitedly.
"Emily!" She squeals, giving me a light hug.
I stand there, tired and confused.
"What are you doing here?" I ask, still confused by why Mona is in Alison's kitchen.
"I left my bag here yesterday." She sighs, jumping back onto the counter.
She was here yesterday?
"Oh okay" I say, unsure if I believe her or not. Mona is greatly known for being an honour student at lying. Well I guess Alison did say that she's friendly with Mona now, so there's no point in questioning her further. Before I can say anything else, I get a text.

Hanna: Coffee. Brew. 10 minutes.
"I better get going, see you Mona." I say, going out the door. I don't have time to say goodbye to Ali, but I'll see her soon anyways.
I start walking down the street to the brew. As I pass a bookstore on the way, I look in to see Arias photography book on the window. I smile and notice another book beside it.
"Immortality by Ezra Fitz" I'm happy that Ezra is a successful author and all but I'm pretty sure it's awkward for aria to see her book and her ex-boyfriends book side by side in a bookstore. I walk away from it and head straight to the Brew.

When I get there I can see Hanna and aria near the back on the couches. I smile and walk over, plonking myself onto a seat. That's when I realise how tired I am. I feel my eyes beginning to shut but Hanna snaps her fingers at me.
"hello? Emily you haven't seen us in 5 years and you're already getting tired of us?" she laughs. I give her a small smile. "Ha ha ha."
Aria hands me a cup.
"Drink up." She says, gesturing to the steamy coffee in my hand. "Thanks" I say, taking a sip of it. "So why did you want to meet so early?" I yawn. Aria checks her watch and giggles. "In what world is 2:20pm 'so early'?"
My eyes widen and I see Hanna stifling a laugh. "Anyways, we just wanted to talk together, just a small group of us." Hanna says, leaning back in her chair.
"Let's just get to the point." Aria sighs.
Hanna rolls her eyes at her and laughs. "We just wanted to know what your life's been like for the past 5 years, you never really said anything about it." Hanna says, taking a sip of coffee waiting for me to answer.
"Well if you want to know" I say and put the coffee cup down. I lean forward in my chair. "I haven't had the best 5 years" I sigh, I clasp my hands together. "Lived in a small apartment with only enough room for a couch to sleep on, I got paid minimum wage at my bar tending job, had almost no one to talk to." I shake my head, thinking of what it was like. "Almost?" questions Hanna. I look at her. I take a deep breath. "I've been going out with Paige for the past year." I see aria wince in the corner of my eye. She knows what Paige did to me 3 years ago. "Okay and what's so bad about that?" Says Hanna cluelessly. "It's nothing. I'm still with her but I don't know if I can maintain the long distance relationship." I say truthfully. I love Paige, I really do but she's done things to me in the past that can't be forgiven.
Aria is silent. She's the only one I've told about it. We've grown close, we text everyday. She's the one I could trust with that sort of stuff.
"I know the feels Em, it works out, I promise." says Hanna. I nod. I really don't want Paige to find out that I'm staying with Alison. She'll go ballistic. I just want to be away from her for the time being. My friends never really got along with Paige that well, especially Alison. They hate each other. If Paige finds out I'm sleeping in the same room as Ali, who knows what she'll do?
I guess I'm gonna have to keep more secrets. For old times sake.
Hannas phone rings. I wince for a second but relax. I'm still not used to hearing that sound knowing that A is gone. It takes a lot more than 5 years to get used to.
"What? Seriously." Hanna says angrily into the phone. "Fine I'll be there" She hangs up and looks at us.
"Work." She says one word and gets up.
"Good luck" I say smiling at her. Aria laughs as Hanna stomps out of the Brew. I look at aria and laugh. "Hasnt changed a bit" she smiles.
"I love this" I say, sitting back into my chair.
"What do you mean?" Aria says.
I look around me.
"Being here, knowing that our past is behind us and we can walk these streets without worry or fear." I smile and look at aria.
"And being here with everyone. It's like old times."
"Minus the serial killer" Aria laughs.
"Minus the serial killer" I agree.

sorry this took so long to write I've been a bit busy oh my god but Anyways I'm trying to update more and this chapter is a bit short but I've been rewatching pll so I've got some ideas for the next few chapters.