Chapter 7: "Insanity"

Alison's POV
It's been hours since Emily stormed out of the house. I'm not too worried about her. I don't know why. I guess I should be, but what Paige said had sunk so deep into my mind that I can't even think about Emily right now.
I do care about her, more than the others.
But is the love I have for Emily platonic or romantic? I don't know.
"Alison I didn't raise you to be like this!" Shouts my mom, I'm in tears now.
"Why does it matter? We already have a bad name I don't think this will make it any worse!" I scream back, tears streaming down my face as I walk slowly backwards.
She looks at me with disgust.
"Bisexual? What a joke!" She spits, crossing her arms.
"Mom I don't see the big deal!" I shout at her. She raises her eyebrows.
"You're straight Alison." Insists my mother, "I want you to marry a man" She states.
I wipe the tears from my face.
"I didn't say I'd marry a girl? I said that I'm bisexual! I love girls and boys! I could end up marrying a boy anyways!" I scream at her. I stand strong. "You know what mom" I say, walking towards the door.
"I'm fucking straight. Happy now?"
A/N I know in the show Alis mom is more accepting but I'm changing it a bit to suit the story.

Emily's POV
Maya.
I can still feel her touch on my skin.
I can't get it out of my head.
Please remember me.
Why would I forget her? I could never forget her. Or could I?
I realise where I'm walking to now. My house, I'm walking there. I don't know why, I can't get in but I'm still going there.
I can't seem to control what I'm doing, but I don't know what I'm doing at the same time.
What is wrong with me?
I reach the front door of my house, it's locked of course.
I take out a clip and start picking the lock. I can't stop myself, I know what I'm doing, but I don't know at the same time.
When I pry the door open I get inside. It's cold, very cold. I start taking off my jacket and putting down my bag. I walk upstairs to my room and grab the first pen I can see. I start writing. I can't stop. I don't know what I'm writing.

Please remember me
please remember me
Please remember me
Please remember me

I finally seem to be able to get back into my own state of mind. I blink a few times. The tears start coming, as I look around my room.

Spencer's POV
Alison called me to tell me that Emily stormed out a while ago and hasn't come back. She didn't give me a lot of details, just to go to Emily's house and see if she's there.
I drive there quickly and see that the front door is open.
I hop out of the car and walk to the door, slowly opening it.
"Em?" I ask as I enter the house. No answer. I walk up stairs to her room. I can hear the quiet sniffles already.
"Emily?" I ask again. No answer. I open her bedroom door.

The sight is something I will never unsee.
The walls are covered in words. The same 3 words over and over again.
Please remember me.
I look over to Emily, who's sitting in the middle of her floor, staring at the ceiling. "Emily?" I ask again. This time she turns around. Her eyes are wide, bloodshot. "Spencer?" She whispers. "What are you doing?" I ask, walking over to her.
"I don't know." She says blankly.
"Come here, take my hand." I tell her, reaching my arm out to her. She takes my hand and I help her stand up.
She blinks a few times and shakes her head.
She looks at me in the eye and pulls me into a hug.
She begins to sob.
"Hey Em it's okay let's go back to my place." I say soothingly and start walking her to the car.
"I saw maya." Emily says once we get in the car.
"Maya?" I ask.
"I couldn't tell if she was real or just something that happened in my imagination" She says, staring blankly in front of her. It's heart breaking seeing her like this.
"Em it wasn't real, whatever you saw, don't think about it okay? You need to get some rest." I take her hand and smile at her. She gives me the smallest smile and goes back to staring straight ahead. I start the car and drive to my house.

Alison's POV
I should've gone after her.
I haven't mood from the spot on my couch ever since Emily stormed out.
I'm starting to worry, I called Spencer to go check on her and haven't heard from her yet.
As I start thinking again about what Paige said, my phone goes off.
"Spencer?" I say quickly into the phone.
"Alison" sighs Spencer. "Come to my place" she says, I can hear a worried tone in her voice.
"I'm on the way" I say, removing myself from the couch.

When I get to Spencer's, I quickly walk to the door and let myself in.
I look around, hoping to see Emily's smile. Instead I see Spencer.
"What's wrong? Is she okay?" I quickly ask.
"She's upstairs and she-" before Spencer could finish I start moving towards the stairs.
"Wait Ali," Spencer says, grabbing my arm.
"Emily is unpredictable right now." Spencer nods signalling for me to go up. I nod at her and start going up to Spencer's room.

I slowly open the door.
"Em?" I say softly.
"Ali?" Emily sits up in bed and looks at me with wide eyes and a worried smile.
"Hey" I say, sitting down at the end of the bed.
"Hi" Emily says, nervously looking at her hands.
There's a pause. It isn't awkward, it's a comfortable pause.
I lean in and hug her.
She buries her head into my neckI hug her tightly, I never want to let go.
I can hear her sobbing softly into my shoulder.
"Sh, it's okay" I whisper, slowly rocking her back and forth.
"Ali" Emily says, pulling her head away from my shoulder, but still holding onto me. Her eyes are lowered, avoiding eye contact with me.
She opens her mouth to speak but she doesn't say anything.
"I'm sorry for running out on you" She finally says after a long pause.
"You don't need to apologise." I smile at her. Our eyes meet. I try not to get lost in her mysterious brown eyes.
"I took care of Paige." I say mischievously. "What?" She says quickly.
"Let's just say she might have a broken nose." I smile. Emily laughs.
I didn't realise how close our faces are right now. Our noses are almost touching.

"Ali"
"Em"
"Can we stay as friends, for now?" she asks shyly.
I smile at her. "I can wait." Her smile fades and she loosens her grip.
"Can you stay here with me tonight?" She asks, getting under the covers of Spencer's bed.
"Of course" I say, getting into bed.
As we lay there, facing each other, Emily closes her eyes and seems to be sleeping.
I gently push a strand off hair behind her ear. "I can wait forever" I whisper and soon fall asleep.
SHORT SUMMARY ;
Hey guys since this fanfic is getting popular, just going to add a summary of what the past 2 chapters were because it probably confused people:
The forest chapter is based on a song, so if you haven't heard the song you mightn't get the references or the meanings behind it but it fit into the emily and maya plot, as maya comes back to see emily but emily doesn't believe she's real and initially goes insane for a short period of time,
"Please remember me" is a lyric from the song which stood out to me personally so i wanted to input it into the fan fiction
Sorry if the insanity chapter confused you a bit, it was trying to interpret emily's POV and what her mind is telling her