Home

I felt like practice went by slow. After it was finished, I took a quick shower in the locker room to wash off all the sweat. After drying off and slipping on fresh undergarments and a t-shirt, I realized I didn't have shorts, or even a pair of sweats.

"Shit," I said to myself. I rummaged through my water-bottle infested gym locker and only found my spare volleyball spandex that I kept in case I'd forget mine at home.

It was a little embarrassing, and I even considered not going at all since I didn't have pants. After a few minutes of contemplating, I finally decided to just go. The dude was absolutely handsome, I didn't mind getting to know him.

I got to his house and knocked on the shiny double door.

Soon after, the door swung open and his lips were pursed together into a grin.

"Danica, you've made it." His hands gesture me to enter. Inside of the house left me mesmerized. My jaw dropped to the floor as I looked around. I haven't even noticed that I walked in without thinking twice.

The wooden surfaces gleamed brightly as it reflected off the afternoon sun

The wooden surfaces gleamed brightly as it reflected off the afternoon sun. Everything was perfect. I awed in tranquility.

Eric closed the door behind me which snapped me out of my trance. Hesitantly, I trailed behind him as he walked to a different room.

He made his way to the flawless kitchen and rummaged through his cabinets below.

He pulled out two dinner plates, made of the shiniest looking silverware I've ever seen. Anyone could've easily mistaken it as a mirror.

"I've cooked chicken piccata for two. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed burning my thumb." Eric snickered as he held up to show me his blistered thumb.

I let out a small laugh, "Thanks,"

About forty minutes after he served our food, and we ate the dinner, I set aside my fork and turned my attention to him. "If I may ask, what you do for a living? You're so young, and I could use some advice for a career choice."

The question caught him completely off guard. Had I just asked a sensitive question? I felt ashamed that I even asked. He cleared his throat, taking a sip of wine before he answered the question, still reluctantly. "I, uh, sell product internationally."

Idiotically, I pressed on, "Product? Like cars or. . .?"

"Sure," he cracked a smirk, seemingly as if he knew the answer to a joke that only him understood.

Glancing at the time, I decided that I should get home, I still had enough time to get to my house before my mom gets home from work and suspects I was gone.