Bands

Eric had us ride a cab to a pier, and from there, we walked to our breakfast.

I quickly managed to get cold, which lead to Eric giving me his coat and making him nearly freeze to death.

He threw his arm around me as we walked around the large pier.

"The restaurant is at the end of the pier, we just have to pass all the stores." Eric explained.

We roamed around and things would often catch my eye. But everything I acknowledged, Eric would insist on buying it for me. So, I kept all thoughts to myself.

We passed by a dock full of singing seals, unique eye-catching stores, a carousel, and a wonderful ice cream shop.

We reached the end of the pier and an elegant restaurant disguised as a lighthouse stood ahead. A short red carpet was lied down at the entrance of the restaurant and once walking inside, I noticed the luxury right away.

"Reservations for Laven, please." Eric spoke. His hand was placed on my waist, having me at his side.

"Of course, right this way." The hostess guided us to our table which was two floors up. We took an elevator up, which played classical music along with the rest of the restaurant.

Not many people dined here, and those who did, looked quite wealthy.

She seated us at a glass table that had an amazing view of the ocean on the other side of the glass.

"How gorgeous." I said looking out the window.

He nodded, but instead of glancing outside, he continued to stare at me, "I'd say."

I felt my cheeks grow red.

"Since you've made breakfast, lunch, and dinner plans for today; tomorrow I pick where we eat." I demanded.

He chuckled, "Good luck trying to impress me."

I shrugged, "I'd like to believe that I have a better eye for quality."

Eric smirked, flashing me a wink. "Well, that explains why you're into me."

**

They served us very small portions of food in a very large plate. The prices were outrageous for each plate.

You'd probably get more food walking around Costco and feeding off their samples.

After the overly priced breakfast, we ended up eating a strawberry filled crepe with caramel drizzled on top at a small cafe on the pier. It had been ten times better than the restaurants food— and Eric agreed.

"Tomorrow is my shoot, and you're modeling with me." Eric smiled, sheeplishly.

"No way, I don't even know what to do." I shook my head, refusing.

He shrugged, "You stand there and pose."

I pursed my lips, folding my arms. "You make it sound easy."

"It's because it is— besides you sure as hell have a body to show off." He pressed a kiss on my frigid cheek and whispered faintly into my ear, "I'll be your guide." His cold hands ran across my warm neck and onto my soft shoulders.

*

We walked down a Boulevard which was surrounded by people and high-end stores.

Eric was no new shopper to these stores, but I definitely was. I admired each mannequin that we passed, and its fashion statements they were dressed in. Some were obnoxious, and others were plain. It seemed as if there was no in-between.

Just as we were passing by a jewelry store, I couldn't help but completely stop in my tracks.

I peered into the window to see the most stunning bracelet ever. I hadn't noticed that I held my breath, continuing to stare in awe. Eric instantly noticed my hesitance and questioned. "What is it that you like?"

I kept quiet. I couldn't imagine the price and I didn't want Eric to buy me such a luxurious gift.

I swallowed hard, "Nothing, let's keep walking."

I tried to tug him along, but he wouldn't budge. Eric pointed to the bracelet, "Let's go see them."

He walked in the building and made his way to the bracelets. I followed and kept my gasps in, the jewelry was gorgeous.

"Good evening, is there something you're looking for in particular?" A tidy employee asked in a polite, greeting way.

My eyes locked onto the bracelet I seen from the window.

"She likes that one," Eric gestured the man to the one I was staring at

"That's our best selling band. Could we measure your wrist to fit you? We could then give you an estimate."

I sat my arm on the glass table and he began to measure it. He then took out a calculator and started to punch some numbers in.

Eric wandered off to the ring section. Then, Eric came back.

The man lowered his voice to fit an appropriate tone. "Approximately ten grand a band." I almost fainted. My eyes bulged out of my head, as I turned to face Eric, his reaction was nothing of what I expected. He nodded approvingly and spoke, "We'll take it."

I tried to stop him but I was still motionless and speechless by the price.

"Could she size her ring finger?" Eric asked the man.

My ring finger? I grew suspicious.

"Of course," the man measured my finger as well. The entire time I was trying to piece everything together.

"She's a 7, sir."

Eric nodded, "Thank you," he then pulled out his credit card and tossed it on the glass table, "The band, please."