Company

Marcello grabbed a hold of Danica by the arm, tightly. I froze in the shock of seeing her here.

"Seems like we have company." Marcello chuckled. He turned to Danica and forced the spout of the vodka to her mouth. She swarmed in his grip, avoiding the liquor.

He threw the bottle to the side in defeat and took out a loaded handgun. He pointed it to her head, "Do you have the ring, darling?"

Now, he's dead.

"Put that down, now! Marcello I will hurt you so bad-" I threatened when Marcello cut me off.

"What more could hurt than losing your true love? Absolutely nothing. I wish this eternal pain on you and I hope each day of your life is a misery." Marcello spat his words out in anguish.

Marcello was drunk, I knew for a fact that he would pull that trigger and feel no remorse. It was no more fun and games.

"This is not funny Marcello, please put the gun down." I panicked.

"Now you're really going to feel the pain." Marcello sinisterly laughed at me.

He cocked the gun and wrapped his finger around the trigger.

"Wait," Danica choked out, "I have the ring."

Marcello's face lit up and I was blank with shock.

The blood drained from my face. I hope she's kidding. I left it in good hands, with Santiago. Unless, she took it... yesterday.

Marcello had a smile spread across his face as he let me go, "Hand it over, baby."

She was clearly frozen, unable to move.

A long honk came from outside which caught us all by surprise.

"Who is that, now? Did either one of you bring someone here?" Marcello drunkly grumbled.

The honk was followed soon after by a knock on the front door.

Marcello flashed his eyes to us and gestured, "Danica go open the door."

I scoffed at Marcello. Is he serious? I can't believe how pathetic he was.

"I'll get it, coward." I turned away and made my way down the stairs.

Marcello and Danica dashed to the staircase, watching me open the door from above.

They eagerly waited as I opened the door.

I let out a small gasp.

She threw her arms up in exasperation, "Eric! Long time no see!" She hugged me tightly.

Please, get off of me.

Marcello stomped down the staircase, "Ugh! Get out my house, you damn witch. What is this? A family reunion?"

"This is ridiculous, Danica and I are leaving." I groaned.

She turned puzzled beside me, "Who's Danica?"

Marcello replied before I could, "Her," he yanked Danica to his view, "Eric's new puppet."

"Are you drunk Marcello?" She scowled him.