Risks

Before I left, I couldn't help myself but sneak two more bottles in my purse.

I stumbled down Noah's steps of his house and into Santiago's car, destroying everything in my path.

Santiago shook his head, laughing continuously at my clumsiness.

I took a bottle out my bag and unscrewed the lid, beginning to chug it down. He gasped, shouting as he yanked the drink away from my mouth, "Danica, stop! You've had enough!"

I groaned loudly and rested my head on the seats headrest, facing him.

Looking up, I nearly had the wind knocked out of me. Santiago looked like. . . Eric?

I froze in my seat, completely frozen by the sight of Eric. Though, I knew it wasn't him. It couldn't be, but he looked so real. Just as beautiful as ever. Was my mind playing a sick joke on me, or was it really him? It had to be, his body was as gloriously magnificent just as I recalled.

We were close to the house as we came to a stop. He turned to me with his eyes warm, a range of soft colors. The moon softly shone through the windows, as his precious lips formed into a handsome smile. It was Eric, finally it was him. That smile was irreplaceable, there was no way it couldn't be him.

I took a deep breath, inhaling his strong cologne. Naturally, I found myself nearly coughing on the powerful, elegant scent. However, his broad smile prevented that and instead it just made my eyes bat. All my worrying, all the hurt, it all vanished in this very moment, because everything I ever wanted— was here. Eric was here.

I didn't remember him coming, or how he got in the car, or even where Santiago went, but none of it mattered. What mattered was that Eric was back, and before I bombarded him with questions, I just needed to hold him once more.

Uncontrollably, I placed my hand on his cheek unable to stop. Smiling over my shoulder, I felt sober for a moment. Though something was off about him, his figure seemed. . . Unnatural, like an apparition.

I was so intoxicated that I didn't pay much attention to it, I chose to ignore it because all I needed was to see him one last time. To have him one more time before the night was over.

Santiago's POV:

She looked at me, but in a way she's never done before. Her eyes were scorching with desire and passion.

I helped her up to the room but before I left, she pulled me towards her. "Don't leave me please." She begged. "I need you to stay with me."

"I think you should get some rest." I shook my head.

Her eyes flickered to mine as she pouted, tugging my arm to her. "If you leave I don't know what I'd do. I need you to stay with me forever."

What she said sounded a little dramatic, but I hesitated before giving in. I sat at the foot of the bed, unsure what mood she was in. Or why the sudden shift in her thoughts about me.

My eyes slowly made their way onto hers, which were obviously seductive as she bit her lip in a way making the hesitance vanish. "I've missed you so much, you have no idea."

I didn't understand what she meant by that, but I refused to spoil the moment. The amount of time I waited for her to finally get like this way, was all worth it. I had her all to myself, and no one except her could stop me.