Interruption

Santiago's POV:

It was Saturday. Their Saturday.

Eric and Danica were happily engaged and it made me sick. It was difficult putting a fake smile on my face when I'd see them together.

It was evening, guests were showing up at the Lavens', including me.

I had a sparkling glass of wine, and cheese on crackers.

I looked around for Eric, but unsuccessfully found him.

My eyes roamed, until they locked onto her.

Danica.

She wore a flattering, long black dress as she greeted guests through the door.

Whenever I'd get to see her, all of a sudden I find myself wanting to see her more, and I'm not entirely too sure why.

Why does she intrigue me in a way that makes me put my guard up? To the point where I act so rude and evil, then end up hurting her emotionally. It stings my heart of the guilt.

She's more of a hunger, than a thirst.

Something about her smile fascinates me, it's mesmerizing. She's constantly on my mind, day and night.

She caught my attention, and I can never get enough of her.

I want more. I want to see her. I want to hold her.

I want her.

I need her.

And I was determined to get her.

Danica's POV:

Guests were flooding in, but still no sign of my mom, or Jesse. I was hoping they'd arrive soon.

Eric seen my facial expression was worried. He questioned, "What's wrong?"

I pouted, "She hasn't came yet."

He frowned and wrapped me in his arms, "She'll come. Give her some time." He pulled away and planted a kiss on my lips.

I smiled at him until our thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell.

An instant rush of hope fled within me, wishing It'd be my mom.

Eric left to Santiago, who was oddly standing alone. When I opened the door, it revealed an extremely happy face.

"Congratulations!" Alessandra hooted as she danced through the door.

She handed me a present and smiled. I flashed her a smile back, "Thank you, I'm so glad you're here."

Alessandra shrugged, "Anything for my new sister. I hope you like your gift." She winked.

"I'm sure I'll love it." I assured her.

Her eyes wandered behind me, and her brows shot up, "My dad is here?"

I nodded, "Yeah, he's in the dining room."