Affairs

Danica's POV:

My head was spinning, and I was completely speechless. Marcello and Eric evacuated the building to work things out, I'm guessing.

What did I just walk into?

If anything, Alessandra seemed like the perfect person to ask questions. She seemed straight forward.

"Do you know why everyone wants this ring so badly? I mean, I don't know why they're fighting each other for Alecia's ring. I really hope it's not because Eric isn't over her." I began to trail off into deep thought.

She shook her head, "Well first off, the ring isn't Alecia's, it's our mothers. It's a big deal to us because that's all she left behind. And Eric was over her the day he met her. That girl was such a pain in the ass."

"Eric said she went ballistic, what did he mean by that?" I inquired.

He nodded with her eyes widening, "Oh god, yes! After their affair, she went insane for him. She would stalk him, ask him all sorts of over protective questions, she even wanted to marry him bigamously. Of course, he had some respect for his brother and himself, so he cut her off. But she refused to leave him alone."

"Wow, that's awful."

"I'd say their affair lasted. . . three months? Before and after their wedding." She added.

My brows pulled together, "How'd Marcello find out?"

Her eyes tumbled around, "Eric ignored her calls and avoided her, so I'm guessing out of anger she went to Marcello and told him everything. She made herself seem like the victim when she told Marcello, which is why Marcello despises Eric now. Eventually, things were getting way out of control, and Eric decided to take matters under his own hands."

"Dear God," I breathed out. My hand was covering my mouth in the complete shock and fright. I couldn't manage to say anything else.

"A little notorious if you ask me." She shrugged, smiling slightly.

"Why would Eric jeopardize his brother's relationship like that to begin with?" I mumbled in disappointment.

"He'd put his guard up and only look for non serious relationships. But she must've been very manipulative because Eric and Marcello were inseparable. Eric would never hurt his brother like that. It all took us by surprise."

"Um, do you mind me asking what you do for a living?" I stuttered the words out.

A happy smile approached her lips, "I'm a hitman."

My eyebrows rose, "That sounds badass."

She laughed, "Yeah, well most of the time it is."

As she was talking, I noticed a gold wedding band on her ring finger.

"Oh, you're married?" I grinned.

She cleared her throat, "I'm a widow."

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss." I didn't know how to comfort her on such a sensitive subject.

Her frowning lips lifted slightly, "Thank you," her eyes fell to the floor and her smile faded, "My husband was on a stupid business deal with Eric, but never returned."

That sounded so familiar to the story Eric told me.

"Was his name—" she cut me off.

"Rico." Her lips danced a little as she said his name.

Holy crap.

My mind was baffled at all these secrets I would've never guessed. This was chaotic.

I wonder how she dealt with Marcello killing him?

"Wow, I can't believe Marcello would kill his brother-in-law like that..." I shook my head, pouting.

Her eyebrows strained and her eyes stunned, "What?"

She was now on her feet, her head boiling.

"Um..." I panicked to gather the words together.

Her voice was now shouting, "Please tell me you're kidding."

"I thought you knew already, but this is not my secret to tell." I muttered shaking.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." She stammered out, in panic.

Alessandra snatched her coat and rushed out the front door. I heard her cars wheels burn as she raced out the driveway and away.

What did I just do.

Eric and Marcello raced in, "What happened? Where's Alessandra?"

"Um, Eric can I have a word with you." I picked my words carefully.

His expression had been conflicted, "What's the matter?"

I placed my hands on my forehead in the stress, "Marcello's a dead man."

"How so?" He whispered.

I sat on a stool in despair, "Alessandra didn't know he killed Rico, and I thought she did."

Marcello scoffed in utter shock, "You told her?! Are you serious!"

Eric turned to him and raised his voice to match his, "Shut up, Marcello." he turned to me and nodded once, "Let's go."

"You guys aren't going anywhere until I get my ring back!" His slurred speech faded back in.

Eric flashed Marcello a glare and Eric's anchor fist smashed into his face like a freight train. Marcello seen it coming, but he had been too drunk to even react in time.

He tipped over and fell to the ground, unconscious.

"He'll wake up in a few minutes, but we have to leave before he does." Eric rushed me out the front door.