Convertibles

"I'm really happy for you. You guys seem to really hit it off good." Jesse nodded approvingly. He flashed me a sympathetic smile. Not that I needed his approval, but it was nice to have his blessing.

"Yeah, he makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world," As I got into thought about him, my cheeks flushed and I was sheepishly smiling as my eyes wandered around the sky of the thought of Eric.

I haven't realized that Jesse seemed heartbroken, and devastated. I met his eyes and he flashed an obvious broken smile.

Only girl in the world.

Something Jesse always failed in fulfilling. The flashbacks came flooding in:

It was Jesses birthday. I was going to barge out his rooms closet yelling surprise!

But unfortunately for me, that's not how it went down. I hid behind his rigged wooden closet frame which I peek out of. That second, the door swung open to see his lips placed against another girl. They plopped on the bed getting ready for more until I interrupted it with a screeching scream.

That wasn't the first time I caught him in the act, with a different girl each time. Why'd I stay? Stupidity. In my luck, he was put in a soccer academy halfway across the world so we then broke up. Unfortunately for me, he decided to come back and now he's dating Abby. Great.

"Well, you deserve the best. Let's just hope he is." he nodded once, and walked away. I felt the venom in his words, and it stung.

Ah, how I didn't miss his backstabbing compliments.

I was walking out my schools front gate when a shiny red convertible stood by the curb.

I scoffed when I seen the driver was Eric.

As I walked closer he gave me a smug laugh while he revved the car.

"You're insane." I jumped in and planted a kiss on his smiling lips.

"I couldn't agree more." he chuckled as he sped off the curb and into the street.

Eric cranked the radio until my ears almost began to bleed. The bass made my seat vibrate to my core. He drove carelessly but ironically very precise.

"I heard you didn't like surprises." he flashed me a wink along with a smile.

I groaned loudly.

He laughed at my frown, "Great, sit tight."

Uncontrollably, I pouted looking out the window.

Minutes passed by until Eric finally pulled over. He was a lot more excited than I was, almost like a little kid opening a present on his birthday.

He parked at a gravel parking lot which faded into the shore of a beach.

Eric gestured his hands around the scenery, "Do you like it?"

I was speechless. The sounds the waves would make crashing into the walls, or the cry of seagulls above us. The smell of the fresh ocean salty breeze and the sight of jagged rocks below my feet.

I shook my head in utter shock, "It's beautiful."

"There's more, follow me."