#39 - Alex's Story

#39 - AU - Human AU (Alex's Story)

-...-

Human Onity is Unity Alexander Cheri, or Alex for short. Alex is an african american gay male college student majoring in medical science. He has an obsession with aliens , reads comics all the time, and is very social. He goes out to parties, values all of his friends, uses a great deal of social media, etc. He hangs out with his siblings, and his mother still and will always baby him.
    One day Alex happens to meet the Oni versions of Tyler and Mike, who are on the run from Yvenity authorities. They're looking for a place to hide and Alex offers up room in his apartment.
   So Alex has these two extraterrestrials pretending to be humans living in his apartment, and he's sooo excited by it. He skips out of some classes or events to show Mike and Tyler around the local area and to teach them about his culture and people. The two seem curious, but Alex notices he never has their full attention.
     As time goes on, and the two become more settled in their hiding place, they begin to open up more to Alex and less time worrying that they'll be found. In opening up to Alex, Alex really begins to have major feelings for them. He often finds himself day dreaming in class or at work about going home to see them again, to cook for them, to watch shows with them.

     One day Alex gets home late to find Mike and Tyler are gone. Worried, and unable to find any note left behind, Alex goes out with a flashlight to look for them. He stumbles upon a strange looking portal held open by something going through it and wonders in, finding himself in a building in yvenity. He plays around with some of the gadgets and is able to disguise himself before wondering off around the building to look for Mike and Tyler.

He's able to find Mike being held prisoner, but before he can do anything, Tyler appears. Tyler, thinking Alex is just another Yvenity guard, attacks Alex, before grabbing Mike and running out of there. Alex is left bleeding, dripping a trail of blood as he walks around trying to determine if he should go home or go after Tyler and Mike.

   Alex of course goes after Mike and Tyler, but can never find them, and gets increasingly more weak. He isn't sure where he is too. At some point he hears Tyler yelling down the hallway, but Alex yet again doesn't find Tyler. He finds the room with the portal again. He nearly passes out there but sits down for a second. And then Mike appears.
Mike can tell from the red blood that Alex isnt actually an Oni, and based on the fact a human is even here, he knows it's Alex. He is in a hurry, gives Alex some cloth to help cover the injury, and asks Alex if he's seen Tyler. Alex just says he thought he heard Tyler but then is cut off. Mike tells Alex he needs to go home and seek medical attention.
Alex doesn't argue, but asks Mike if they'll be okay. Mike lies and says they will. Alex asks if he'll see them again. Mike says they'll come back as soon as they can.
Before existing through the portal, Alex tells Mike to be careful, and he wants to confess his feelings, but just says that he worries and wishes he could do more for them.

Alex gets help for his injuries by going to his older sister Audrey, and then goes back to his apartment. He waits, hours, days, weeks, but never sees or hears from Mike or Tyler again.

-...-

Some period of time later, Alex finds something in his apartment that he was sure wasn't there before. Its crystals, and is in fact Mike and Tyler's crystals, but he doesn't know that. Upon touching one of them, the crystal uses it's magical energy to complete a wish, and Alex is told about the different alternate universes and why they exist. He learns about the originals.
Alex believes from this that Tyler and Mike are no longer in their universe and he can find his Tyler and Mike and save them by going to other universes. Using the crystals, researching them to the best of his abilities, etc, until he thinks he knows what he's doing with them, he opens portals to other alternate universes.

Alex gives up his family, friends, job, everything, leaving in search of Mike and Tyler. (Imagine his family and friends waking up one day to find he's gone without a trace.) He goes through countless universes before he ends up in the original AU, the Onimikeler AU. At this point, he's grown tired of looking. He feels that he's reached a point where maybe Tyler and Mike will appear here. Maybe he has to wait for them. He grows terribly home sick, but stays in the original AU.

Alex finds a place to rent, a job at a convenient store/pharmacy, and stays put in his new home. He even meets and befriends his counterpart, Onity, but he does nothing more then that.

For now.