The Alpha's Mate?!

Chapter 1

Peyton's POV

"HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY PEYTON!" I heard Ashley and Ethan yell. The scream brought me out of my sleep, and I ended up smacking Ethan in the face.

Ashley and Ethan are my brother and sister, and have practically been raising me since I was ten, after our mom and dad died. Six years ago some rogues came and tried to wipe out our pack (yes I'm a werewolf) they failed, but killed my mom in the process. After my mom died, dad lost it. He drank and sometimes didn't eat. One night Ashley was at a friends house and Ethan was passed out in his room. When I went downstairs to get a soda, I saw my dad with a knife above his chest about to commit suicide. When I told him to stop he said to me, "I'm sorry Peyton. Tell Ashley and Ethan I love them, and you Peyton, I love you so much, you look so much like your mother. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid if I stay I'll hurt one of you, and I could never forgive myself for it. Goodbye Peyton. I love you baby girl." Then he killed himself. It's been me, Ashley,and Ethan since.

"What the hell Peyton," Ethan said holding his face, and Ashley helping him up.

"Sorry you scared me," I replied with an innocent look.

He sighed. "I'll let it slide since it's your birthday, but damn Pey! You hit hard!" he said leaving the room trying to act injured.

I rolled my eyes and looked over at Ashley. She giggled and said, "Peyton get dressed. I have a day off from college, so I'm taking you to school and picking you up."

"Okay sis." She gave me a hug and left the room. When she left I went to hop in the shower.

When I was out of the shower and dressed I looked in my body length mirror. My long blonde hair went to my waist, and had a little bit of brown highlights. I was 5'4 and had hazel eyes. I was wearing a shirt where it shows my tank top strap on one shoulder. My shirt over my tank top was black with a London flag, and the words: love me or leave me in London, white skinny jeans with a silver sparkly belt, and black vans. I had mascara, lip gloss, and a little bit of black eye shadow on.

Taking another look in the mirror I decided to put waves in my hair. I wanted to look my best today, because today could be the day I meet my mate. Since I'm now 16 I'm old enough to find him. I was excited because I've been waiting for my mate my whole life. My wolf was excited too, she's been wanting our mate since I first shifted. So, this may very we'll be the day we find him.

When I was done with my hair I grabbed my Victoria Secret book bag and phone and went downstairs. When I got downstairs I grabbed a bowl, a spoon,the milk, and the Karve.

As soon as I was done I noticed Ethan wasn't here.

"Where did Ethan go?" I asked Ashley.

"He walked to the pack house to go to school with Trent. You know him and his 'reputation'".

I rolled my eyes and giggled. Trent Thompson is my brothers best friend, captain of the football team, and The Northwing Pack's (our pack) future alpha. From what my brother describes, he's 5'7, blonde brownish hair, and silver eyes. He's also a major player. He makes girls feel loved then dumps them like trash. I've never met him, and wouldn't want to.

"Oh well, it's not like I would wound his ego though. It's the size of freakin Texas," I said joking.

Ashley burst out laughing, and then I started laughing too. "That was mean, but so true," she got out then started laughing again.

We laughed a little while longer before I started pushing her out to her car. As soon as I was buckled in, I grabbed my phone and headphones, and pressed play. We left with the song Teenage Dream by Katy Perry being played in my ears.