The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Trent's POV

When we got to the hospital I helped Peyton out of the car and we walked in seeing pack members getting patched up.

I saw the pack doctor and he came up to us. "Alpha Trent, Luna Peyton, what are you doing here?"

"Peyton's water broke," I said.

His eyebrows went up in shock and he said, "Okay. Nurse Johnson take Peyton to a hospital room and get her ready to start having contraptions."

As soon as he said that Peyton screamed. "Peyton, are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

She winced in pain, but when she recovered she said, "Contraption number one."

"Let's get her to a room. The babies are a few days early but if all goes well during the birth they'll be fine," the pack doctor informed me as we walked into a hospital room.

A nurse handed Peyton a gown and said, "Put this on." The nurse then turned away and so did the pack doctor.

I turned to her and she mouthed the word 'help'. I helped her change into the gown and get into the hospital bed.

"Okay she's laying down," I said and they turned around. They started hooking stuff up to her and putting needles in her.

When they were done she screamed again and put her hands on her stomach. She looked at me and said, "Trent, I'm scared."

I went next to her and took one of her hands and said, "You're gonna be okay and so will the babies."

She was about to say something when she screamed again. When she finished screaming the door opened and her mom, dad, Ethan, Lexi, Ashley, Jason, Ryan, Kelsey, Kelly, and Jace walked in.

"Hey sweetie, how are you doing?" her mom asked.

She took a deep breath and said, "Well I've had three contraptions so far and they've hurt like hell."

Her mom smiled and said, "Out of you and your brother and sister you were the most painful."

"I was?"

"Yes. The contraptions hurt like hell, but when I got to hold you I realized the pain was worth it."

Peyton smiled and went to say something but screamed instead. "Peyton, you're gonna be okay," I said soothing her. She smiled and placed a hand on my cheek.

A couple hours went by and Peyton kept having contraptions and me and everyone else kept trying to calm her.

I was soothing her and telling her it will all be okay and when she went to reply she screamed the loudest scream.

"Okay," she said angrily. "That's the worst one. This is getting tiring."

"I know," the pack doctor said. He looked at Peyton and said, "If you're going to have someone else in here when you're giving birth they need to get by your side and everyone else needs to leave. You're ready to give birth."

I smiled and looked at Peyton and she looked at me scared. "You can do this," I said and she nodded.

She looked at Kelly and said, "Kelly will you stay? You're my best friend. Please."

Kelly smiled and came over and took Peyton's other hand. "Of course I'll stay."

The pack doctor stood and faced everybody else. "I'm going to need all of you to leave, but you can come back in after she has given birth."

Everyone filed out and the pack doctor went to get ready for delivering the babies. "Okay Peyton," he started, "in order to get this started you're gonna get another contraption, and as soon as it comes you need to push. After that I'll count and when ever I say push you push, okay?"

She nodded and looked at me. I kissed her forehead and said, "You can do this. I'm here with you. Every step of the way. I love you."

"I love you too," she replied.

She looked down at her stomach and scrunched up her eyebrows. "It's coming. Remember to push," the pack doctor said.

She screamed and squeezed my hand really really really hard. "Okay. 1... 2... 3... push," the pack doctor said and Peyton did as told.

This went on for a couple minutes before we heard crying. The pack doctor smiled and said, "Here's the future alpha."

I smiled. The nurse took my son to clean him up while the doctor turned back to Peyton. "Looks like your daughter is ready to be born too. Ready to push?"

"Wait what?" Peyton said. "I'm to tired. Trent will you do it for me?"

I kissed her head and said, "I'm sorry, I can't. You can do this Peyton I know you can. You're almost done."

"Fine," she said. "When do I push?"

"On the contraption," he replied.

"Another one?!" she said panicked.

"It will be okay," I said.

She would've replied but screamed in pain and pushed. "Okay. 1... 2... 3... push," the doctor said and she did as told.

Again this went on for a couple minutes before I heard crying again. I looked and saw my daughter being handed to the nurse.

I smiled and looked at Peyton but her eyes were shut. "What happened to her?" I asked scared.

"She'll be okay. She just passed out for a second, but that's common. She's going to wake up in a minute or two," the doctor informed me.

I nodded and looked back at her to see her open her eyes. "Peyton," I said kissing her hair.

"Peyton," Kelly said and we both turned to her. "I love you and all but you squeeze really hard. I think you broke my hand."

We laughed but Peyton stopped laughing. "What?" I asked confused.

"Where are they?" she asked.

"Right here Peyton," the nurse said and she handed her our son. "We're cleaning your daughter up now."

I looked at our son and gasped in shock. He had Peyton's hazel eyes and high cheek bones like her. He even had matching expressions.

She smiled at him and kissed his forehead. I smiled and Peyton looked at me. "Hold out your arms," she said and I did as told.

She then handed me our son and I couldn't help but smile at him. I kissed his forehead and cradled him carefully to my chest.

"Peyton, here's your daughter," the nurse said handing our daughter to Peyton.

Peyton smiled and said, "She's so beautiful. Trent, she has your eyes."

"She does?" I looked and sure enough she did. She looked like her brother (well they were twins) but their eyes were different.

"Your twins are so beautiful," Kelly said.

"Thanks," we both replied.

I looked at her and said," So what should we name our babies?"