The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Peyton's POV

"Bye Pey. I'll pick you up after school," Ashley said as I got out of her red convertible.

"Okay, bye sis," I replied closing the passenger door.

As I was walking I was texting my friend Ryan. We have been friends since we were 3, but he moved Freshman year, and we are now both juniors.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEY!" -Ryan

"Thank you Ry" -Me

"So how's it going? Smell anything mouth watering yet?;)" -Ryan

I laughed. When you find your mate you smell there sent and it's the best smell ever. "LOL! No, but the day is still young" -Me

"Well good luck Pey. I want you to be happy" -Ryan

"I know and thanks for the good luck. Hey, how's Kelsey?" -Me

Kelsey is Ryan's mate. He found her when he moved to New York. "She's good. Btw she wants to meet you soon" -Ryan

"I want to meet her too. Well I better go I'm at school. I'll talk to ya later bye Ry" -Me

"Bye Pey, Happy sweet 16!" -Ryan

I put my phone in my jean back pocket and kept walking toward my locker. "Hey Pey." I turned to see my best friend ever Kelly.

"Hey Kel, what's up?" I responded.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEY!" she yelled hugging me.

"Umm... Kelly... can't breathe... need oxygen..." I gasped out

"Oh sorry," she said releasing me.

"It's cool, but I don't need the whole school knowing it's my birthday. Tone it down a bit," I told her.

We both started laughing. "I'm sorry," she said after she stopped laughing, "I'm just excited for you. You could find your mate today. It's what you have always wanted," she said jumping up and down.

"I know, I'm excited too. I can not wait!"

"I know," she responded.

"Now let's go," I said closing my locker. "I want to go get a white chocolate milk shake from the cafeteria, then go to the band room and practice before the football game tonight."

"Me too. Let's go," she replied.

Me and Kelly are both in marching band, I play clarinet and Kelly plays flute. This is my first year in marching band but I've always been in symphonic band. I know there two completely different things, but Kelly's dad is the band director. So, we all made an agreement that after sophomore year we would join marching band, but her dad didn't want us unprepared so he always taught us.

Tonight is the first time we'll be performing at the football game. I'm really nervous so is Kelly. I think we'll do great, and I know my siblings will be giving me support. Well, technically since Ethan is on the football team I'm giving him support, but Ashley will be there cheering us both on.

After getting my milk shake we went to the band room. Kelly and I were practicing until the bell rang meaning it was time to get to class. As we gathered our stuff we both headed towards our first period chemistry class. Best thing about school me and Kelly have all our classes together.

***

I was running around the school like crazy. I forgot I had a to go to tutoring with Mr. MacAlister for Algebra and he was all the way at the other end of the school. After I ate my lunch I realized I left my binder in his room, so I went to get it.

Now I'm trying to get to the junior hallway and I'm just now getting to the senior hallway. I decided to cut through the senior hallway so I can get to class quicker.

When I get to the senior hallway it's mostly deserted. As I'm walking I see a door close. Nothing special about the class it's just I smelt the most amazing scent come from the person who just shut the door. The scent smelt like axe and some mint. It smelled like heaven!

"Mate! Must have mate!" my wolf shouted.

I wanted him too. I wanted to open that door and demand to know who he is. But I couldn't. I'm already late to class I don't need to be in more trouble.

So with all my strength I left and went to my class.

When I opened my door Mrs. Black my cosmetology teacher said, "Ah Mrs. Kennedy so nice of you to finally join us." Without saying anything I handed her my late slip from Mr. MacAlister (he knew I would most likely be late) to the teacher and went to my seat.

Kelly saw from the expression on my face that something was up. I gave her my 'I'll tell you later' look, and opened my binder. As Mrs. Black started a lecture on hair and make-up, but I couldn't help but think:

Who the hell is my mate?!

***

"So are you going to tell me what's up?" Kelly asked as we were getting our band uniforms (or what Mr.Brown likes to call our super suits) on.

I nodded. "I was coming to class and since I was late I decided to cut through the senior hallway. When I was walking the hallway was mostly empty, but I walked by someone closing the door to a class room and the guy had the most amazing scent."

Kelly squeals an hugs me. "OMG! You found your mate!" I nodded. "If you found your mate why do you look sad?" she asked confused.

"I don't know who he is," I said with a sob.

"Oh honey. If you smelt him I'm 100% positive he smelt you too. You will meet. In fact, he might even be at the game tonight," she reassured.

"You're right," I told her. Here is the best thing about Northwing High it's an all werewolf school, so he had to have smelt my scent.

She smiled. "Of course I am. Now me, Ethan, and Ashley have a surprise for you."

"What is it?!" I demanded.

She smiled. "Hey long time no see Pey," a voice said behind me. I would know that voice anywhere and when I turned around it confirmed my suspicion.

"RYAN!" I screamed pulling him into a hug. "What are you doing here?" I asked when we pulled apart.

"Well I thought I would come cheer you and Kelly on tonight and I missed you guys," he replied.

"Thanks for coming. Is Kelsey here?" I questioned.

He nodded. "You'll meet her after the game. Anyway smell anything good today?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows.

I laughed but told him what happened and when I was done talking he gave me a hug. "You'll find him and when you do you'll be together forever. I promise," he said.

"Thanks Ry," I responded. After another hug he had to go. I finished getting ready with Kelly then we had to line up.

We marched to the stands and set our hats under our seats and took our gauntlets and jackets off because it was only August and it was hot.

After I stood up straight I immediately smelt the scent, it was heaven. However, I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It felt like it was right in front of me but the person in front of me is Kelly.

When the game started we played our school fight song which I forgot. At this point all I can think about is that scent. It's amazing.

Half way through the second quarter we were in the lead (of course) 32-0, and it was time for the band to warm up.

After warming up it was now half time, and time to perform. We got our fences set up (our theme for our show is prison) and the announcer came on.

"Now entering the field is your 2013 Northwing High marching band. The band is under direction of Mark Brown and Luke Mathews. Tonight the band we'll be performing there 2013 program Alcatraz: A Legend of Escape. Movements include: The Rock, Left Behind, and Vanished. Drum majors Ansley Daniels and Margret West is the band ready?"

After we were all down on the ground spelling out free, Ansley did her solute and we started. Usually we don't perform the whole show, but since we already knew everything we just did the whole thing.

When Ansley and Margret turned back around from bowing we heard a break, and everyone went back to carry. I went to take my fence off the field and went to sit next to Kelly.

"Hey good job Pey," she said.

"Thanks you too," I responded. "Hey will you hold this so I can fix my gauntlet?" I asked holding my clarinet out to her.

She nodded and took it. While fixing my gauntlet I smelt that amazing scent again. It was getting closer to me, and when I turned around I saw a football player coming toward me.

"Mate, Mate, Mate!" my wolf screamed.

"TRENT!" I heard my brother call and he was looking at the guy coming toward me. But that could only mean-

Oh no fucking way! TRENT THOMPSON IS MY MATE!

Trent's POV

As I made my way to the door I froze. I smelt the most amazing scent, it smelt like French vanilla. I was about to go find out who the scent belongs to when my teacher (also my mother and the packs luna) said, "Trent get in here and please close the door." I did as she said but my wolf was angered.

"Find mate! Find her now!" he kept yelling.

"Why do you look angered?" my mom asked.

"My mate was out there and you made me come in here," I snapped at her a little harshly.

"First of all do not snap at me I am your mother, luna, and teacher. Secondly, aww congratulations Trent," she said.

"No it's not congratulations. I don't know who she is, because you called me in here," I informed her.

"I'm sorry Trent. As your mother I want you to be happy but right now I am your teacher and I cannot let you go find her. I'm sorry," she said.

I growled angrily but didn't say anything. Instead, I went to my seat and sat down.

While my mother started giving a lecture on mating (since it's an all werewolf school we have mating class instead of health) I let my mind drift to that scent. All me and my wolf could think is:

Who the hell is our mate?!

***

While I was warming up with my team I felt disappointed. I expected my mate to be at the game but I haven't seen her yet.

As Ethan (my best bud) throws the ball to me, I smell that scent. I look to where it's coming from and see the band. I can't see who she is exactly but I can point out she plays the clarinet.

"That's hot," my wolf said.

"Amen," I replied.

The game started and it was hard to get my mind off that scent, but I somehow managed it.

When half time rolled around I was excited, because I heard the show is cool and I can figure out who my mate is.

The announcer announced everything and the band started performing. They were good and they all looked serious. Then that scent hit me and I looked to the person it belonged to.

She was beautiful. She had hazel eyes and looked to be 5'4. I was also dead on about her playing the clarinet.

"Go to mate," my wolf commanded.

"I can't she's performing it will ruin the show, and be embarrassing for both of us," I replied.

He still kept trying to get me to go to our mate but I didn't want to embarrass her. So I just focused on how she performed.

She was amazing. She played every note correctly at the right tempo, was perfectly in tune, and marched gracefully on the field. She looked extremely focused and looked where she was supposed too.

When it was over everyone cheered and clapped. They started getting off the field and I noticed my mate grabbed a fence, and brought it off the field. When she put the fence up she went to talk to another marcher.

"This is our chance! GO TO HER! NOW," my wolf commanded.

He didn't have to tell me twice, I was already on my way over to her. She stuck her head up and turned around to face me. She had her hat off (I saw her take it off after putting the fence up) and I could see her blonde hair with brown highlights.

"TRENT!" I heard Ethan yell. He must have saw me walk away from the team and wanted to see what's up.

I didn't care because now my beautiful mate was in front of me and I intended to keep it that way.