The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Peyton's POV

I woke up to the sunlight streaming into the room through my window. At first I was confused. How am I in my bedroom? I looked up to be sure it was my room and sure enough it was. My room had a little hallway when you opened the door (like two steps and it's my room). Next to the little hallway was my closet and then on the next wall was my bed and nightstand (one on each side of the bed). Then on the next wall was my desk with photos of me and my friends and family on it. Then my dresser is on the wall that faces my bed and a flat screen TV is positioned on the wall.

I looked on my night stand and saw my phone light up. I grabbed it and read the text.

'Hey Peyton, you fell asleep in the car so I carried you into your room. I got your number from your phone after I tucked you in. Anyways can I come over? I miss my beautiful mate. Xox Trent,' I read.

I quickly texted back a yes and got out of bed. I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday except my shoes were next to my bed and my book bag and clarinet are on my desk.

When I get up I go to the door next to my dresser which leads into my bathroom, and take a quick shower. As soon as I'm out and dressed I straighten my hair and look in my body length mirror in my bathroom.

I'm wearing a white sundress with blue flowers on it that go down to my knee and blue flats to go with it. My hair is draped over one shoulder in a ponytail. I have a little bit of blue eye shadow on, a little bit of eye liner, mascara, and lip gloss.

When I'm done I grab my phone and head downstairs, and am surprised to find Ryan, Kelly, and Kelsey here.

"Hey what are you guys doing here?" I asked.

Ryan smiled. "Well no one gave you a birthday gift yesterday so we're all here to give you your gifts," he said.

I smiled. "You guys didn't have to get me anything. Plus, Ryan your gift was coming to visit."

"Nope that's only one thing, I wanted to give you a gift."

"Fine," I said walking into the kitchen to see Ashley and Ethan cooking. "Morning guys."

"Morning sis," Ethan said cheerfully and giving me a hug.

I hugged him back. "I'm guessing you're not mad anymore?"

"Mad? Why would I be mad?" he asked confused.

I looked at him like he was stupid. "Because Trent is my mate."

Ashley dropped a plate breaking it and turned to me. "Hold up, Trent? As in Trent Thompson?"

I nodded. "Yes."

She squealed and hugged me. "OMG that means your going to be Luna one day. Oh. My. God!"

After she said that she picked up the broken plate and I turned back to Ethan. "Anyway," he started, "I'm not mad. I wasn't really mad at first just shocked. I'm happy for you and I've already apologized to Trent and we cleared the air."

"Good. I don't want you guys fighting because of me. He is still your best friend," I said while giving him another hug.

"Yea, but you're my baby sister. Therefore, you always come first."

"Aww thanks Ethan. I love ya bro."

"Love you too sis."

After that we helped Ashley with breakfast and soon everyone was eating. When we were all finished we were in the living room watching Once Upon A Time in Wonderland when the doorbell rang. I jumped up and ran to the door and opened it to find Trent standing there.

"Hey," I said smiling.

"Hello," he replied grabbing my hand and bringing it to his lips to kiss it.

"Well come on in," I said being funny he laughed. As he walked in I noticed he had a bag in his hand. "What's in the bag?"

He smiled. "Your birthday gift. I texted Ethan to tell him I was coming over after texting you and told him I was bring you a gift for your birthday yesterday. He responded telling me you were getting birthday gifts this morning so yea."

"Yep and you don't get the gift yet," Ethan said taking the gift from Trent and running upstairs with it.

"Yea I agree," Ashley says. "Anyways I have to go to the store to get you your gift because I didn't want you snooping around and finding it. So I told them to hold onto it," she said looking at me.

"You know me so well," I said giving her a hug before she walked out the door.

"Come back and join us," Kelly said. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Trent's hand dragging him towards the couch.

He stopped me and I looked at him confused. He raised his eyebrows before sitting down and then grabbing my waist and settled me on his lap.

When I was situated I leaned my head into the crook of his neck and he kissed my hair. It felt so peaceful just sitting here with my friends and my mate.

After we got bored watching TV we decided to ask Ryan how he found Kelsey. Apparently he was just walking into Starbucks saw her and bada bing bada boom mate. Not really romantic but hey it's Ryan we're talking about here.

I then heard two engines pull into the driveway and I was confused. However, when Ashley and her mate Jason came in I realized it was his car.

"Hey Pey!" Jason said. Jason and I have a relationship like we were born brother and sister. That's actually how he got Ashley to fall in love with him-she was going to reject him as her mate- because I told him everything she loves, but she doesn't know that.

"Jason!" I squealed getting off of Trent's lap and running to give him a hug.

"How was your birthday? I saw you perform last night you did good. I wanted to tell you but I got called into work."

"My birthday was good. I found my mate!" I told him.

"What? Who is it?"

"Me," Trent says getting up and standing next to me.

Jason bowed his head in respect to Trent. Jason's father was third in command but became beta when my dad died. So when Trent takes over as Alpha, Ethan will be beta, and Jason will be third in command.

"Wait so that means," Jason says turning to me. "You're the future luna."

"Yup."

"Awesome! When the time comes I think you'll be a great luna."

"Thank you Jason."

"Okay enough of that. Present time!" Ethan yelled coming down stairs.

I laughed and followed Trent to the couch sitting on his lap again, and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Okay as always I get to go first because I love you the most," Ethan said.

"I beg to differ. I think I love her more considering you care to much about your 'reputation' to drive her to school," Ashley countered.

"Well excuse me, but I'm not the one who ditched Peyton to see Jason instead of taking her and Kelly to see One Direction."

"Oh you did not just do that," Ashley said shocked.

"Guys!" I said drawing their attention. "Can you fight later? Sometimes I swear I'm taking care of you guys!"

"Alright fine but this is so not over," Ashley said. "In fact, Peyton can choose who's present she wants to open first." she turned towards me. "Who's present do you want first? Mine or Ethan's?"

I smiled liking my answer. "I choose Trent," I say laughing at their faces. However, without arguing they handed Trent the bag.

He pulled out a little black box and said, "I made it myself last night. I really hope you like it."

He opened it and I saw a locket with a wolf howling to the moon on the front. He took the locket out and handed it to me. I opened it and saw an inscription that said: je t'aime à la lune et retour. Then on the right side was a slot for a picture.

"I love it," I say.

"Do you know what this means?" he asked pointing to the inscription.

I nodded. Good thing I took French freshman year. "I love you to the moon and back."

He smiled. "Correct."

"You made this? In one night?" I asked stunned.

He shrugged. "I asked my mom what to get you and she gave me this locket. It already had the inscription so I just carved the wolf howling to the moon."

"I love it. Thank you," I say giving him a peck on the lips.

"Me next!" Kelly squealed. She handed me a box (not big but not small). I opened it and smiled. Some romance books, movies, etc.

"Thanks Kel," I say. She gets up and comes over to hug me.

"Now me!" Ryan yelled. He handed me an envelope.

I opened it and read the front basically saying Happy Birthday but then opened it to find $50. "Awesome thanks Ry."

"There's more. Flip it over," he said smiling. When I did I nearly fainted. three tickets and backstage passes for Brad Paisley tonight!

"O. M. G!" I squealed. "Thank you Ryan! Thank you, thank you , thank you!"

"You're welcome. Who are you taking?" he asked.

"Kelly? Kelsey? How would you guys like to meet Brad Paisley tonight?"

"Yes!" they yelled in unison.

I smiled. "Okay I'm next," Ashley said handing me a birthday bag. I opened it and saw photo album.

I looked at Ashley. "Mom wanted to give you a photo album of your life all the way until you turned 16. However, when the rogues came she somehow knew something would happen so she told us to finish it."

I smiled. I missed my mom. Looking at this album I see on the front our last family photo. My long blonde hair falls behind me and I'm sitting on my moms lap cradled in her arms. My dad is next to her with his arm protectively around her and Ethan in his other arm. Ashley is sitting on mom and dad's lap her arms around me and Ethan. We were smiling being one big happy family.

I put the photo album aside and hug Ashley. "Thanks Ashley I love it. I'll look through it later."

"Okay." she hugs me back until Ethan comes down stairs. I didn't know he even left the living room.

"My turn. Hold on a minute," he says going back to the stairs and comes back with a guitar. "Here ya go."

"You're joking," I said. I've always wanted a guitar. I know how to play and have asked for one for years but never got one.

"Nope. I actually was going to give it to you for your 13th birthday but Ashley convinced me to save it for your 16th birthday."

"That's so cool," I say jumping up to give him a hug. "Thanks everyone."

"Wait. That's not all," Ashley said.

"Huh?" I questioned confused.

She smiled. "Follow me," she said going to the front door. Trent came up to me raising an eyebrow. I shrugged, grabbed his hand, and followed my sister.

When I got outside I nearly fainted at what I hope is what my present is.