The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Trent's POV

I went into the locker room to quickly change so I could get to Peyton. I just met her not even 3 hours ago, and she's already got me under a spell of hers. I would move heaven and earth to make her happy.

When I was changed and had everything put away I turned to leave, but bumped into someone. "Ow," the guy said. When I looked at him I saw it was Ethan.

I quickly tried to explain. "Ethan, man, listen. I don't want our friendship to be ruined but I don't want to reject your sister. All I want is for her to be happy and I would never hurt her. I promise."

"Trent, chill. Okay, the reason I came over is because I wanted to apologize. I shouldn't have snapped at you like I did. I knew Peyton could find her mate I just didn't expect it to be my best bud. I am willing to except your relationship on a few conditions," he said.

"Name them," I told him having hope.

"One, you have to promise not to hurt her."

"I would never think of hurting her."

He smiled. "Two, don't force her into mating. Let her decide when she's ready. She's been through hell in her life and forcing her could hurt her."

I nodded. "Last thing I want to do is force her into anything," I informed.

"Good. Okay and three, if you value your life -this is more of a warning than condition- do not tell her marching band is easy. She will prove you wrong," he said smiling.

"Okay. The way there show was though I figured it's not easy."

"It's not they have marching band practice three days a week and sometimes have twelve hour rehearsals," he informed.

That shocked me but then again it was expected. "Okay well I better go. I told her I would bring her home."

"To her house!"

"Yes. See ya in a few man," I said before going to my car. I got in and drove to the other side of the school to get my mate.

Peyton's POV

After I got my uniform off and changed back into the clothes I wore for school I was outside waiting for Trent.

"Hey Peyton!" I heard Ryan. I turned around to see him and I'm assuming Kelsey. She had long red hair, blue eyes and looked to be my height. She had a nice figure and well just all in all she was drop dead gorgeous.

"Hey. Are you Peyton?" she asked me.

I nodded. "Are you Kelsey?"

She nodded then hugged me. "It's so nice to meet you. This one over here never shuts up about you and Kelly."

I laughed. After a few minutes of talking Kelly came running out. She pushed Ryan and he said, "Hey where's the fire Kel?"

She stuck her tounge out at him then turned to me. "What. The. Hell. Was. That? After our performance Trent Thompson came running up to you. I left to to go see the other band perform and when I came back I saw you two in the middle of a passionate kiss. Explain!"

"Well... uh... ya see... Trent is my mate," I told them.

She squealed and hugged me. "OMG! Trent Thompson?! I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank.. you... but I.. would love some... oxygen..."

"Sorry," she said blushing. "I'm just happy for you."

"As am I," Ryan said before pulling me into a hug, and I hugged him back.

"Ahem," someone said. I released Ryan and turned to see Trent looking pissed.

Well shit.

Trent's POV

Who the hell does this guy think he is putting his arms around my mate? He doesn't have the right to do that only I do!

"Hi," he said.

"Who the hell are you? And why did you have your arms around my mate?!" I yelled furious.

"Trent!" Peyton yelled at me.

I turned to her and she looked mad. "What? He had his hands all over you."

She looked shocked. "Wait? Do you think Ryan is interested in me?"

"Yes," I replied. She burst out laughing and actually fell to the ground holding her stomach.

"Oh T-Trent! Ryan isn't into me see the girl next to him that's his mate. Plus, Ryan and I are like siblings. That's all," she said as she got up.

I looked at this Ryan guy and he nodded. "Yea I've known Peyton my whole life. Sure she's adorable and I love her to death but I only feel a family bond to her. Plus, even if I didn't have a mate but had feelings for Peyton I wouldn't get in the way. I'm not a cruel person."

"Then why were you hugging her," I asked crossing my arms.

"I was congratulating her on finding her mate. That's all she's ever wanted so I was saying congrats. Oh by the way congratulations you guys!"

"Oh," I said feeling stupid. "Sorry."

He waved it off. "Naw it's cool man. Anyways I would love to stay and chat but I'm tired and I'm sure you are too, aren't you babe?" he said looking at his mate.

She nodded and looked at Peyton and the girl next to her. "It was really nice meeting you Peyton and Kelly. How about we all have a girls day tomorrow?" Ryan's mate said.

"That would be awesome Kelsey," Peyton said hugging her.

Kelsey smiled and went to a car in the parking lot. Ryan looked at Peyton and gave her another hug. "Congrats again Pey on finding your mate."

"Thanks Ry," she said.

He then hugged the girl I'm assuming is Kelly. "Bye Kelly. Bye Peyton," he waved.

He walked off, but then turned back around. "Oh Peyton!"

"Yea?"

"HAPPY SWEET 16!!!"

She laughed. "Thanks. And thank you for informing Texas too." I laughed at that.

"Your welcome," with that he left.

"I'm gonna go I'll see you later Pey," Kelly said hugging Peyton and leaving.

I turned to her. "I didn't know it was your birthday."

"Well now you do," she said smiling.

I grabbed her waist and pulled her in for a sweet passionate kiss. "Happy 16th birthday Peyton," I whisper.

She smiles and we go to my car. As we drive towards her house are fingers are intertwined and Peyton is sleeping soundly. What a great day.