The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Peyton's POV

I squealed because it was mine. Outside in our driveway was a brand new silver Chevy pickup truck with the words 'Happy 16th Birthday Peyton' on the back window.

"I-is th-that m-mine?" I asked shock.

I turned to Ashley who was holding out the keys (there was a 'P' with diamonds on it on the key chain)."It's all yours little sister," Ashley said still holding out the keys, and Ethan smiling and nodding his head.

"OMG! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" I shouted. I took the keys and just stood there still admiring it.

"Go check it out," Ethan said. He didn't have to tell me twice. After he finished talking I started bolting to my truck.

I hopped in and inhaled the new car smell. I can't believe this is mine!

When I finally got out of the truck I walked up to Ethan and remembered something. "Ethan I don't have my license yet."

"I know," he said holding out his hand and looking at my keys.

"Wait you're taking my truck?" I asked confused.

He chuckled. "No I want the keys so I can drive you to go get your license and if you get it you get to drive back."

"Okay," I said tossing him my keys.

He started walking to the truck and Trent walked up to me. "Are you coming?" I asked.

He smiled and shook his head. "I just got a text from my father. He wants to discus me becoming alpha soon so I have to go."

I pouted I wanted him to come. He saw my pout and cupped my cheeks in his hands and leaned in. "I won't be gone long. In fact, I might be here by time you get back."

"Okay." He then pressed his lips against mine in a passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in to the kiss. He bit my lip asking for entrance which I gave him. Then Ethan honked the horn telling us it's time to go.

We pulled apart and he smiled. He reached his hands behind my neck for a few seconds then pulled them back with a smile on his face. I raised my eyebrow and looked down, but understood when I saw the locket he gave me.

"I'll see you soon," he said before running towards the woods to transform into his wolf.

"Come on sis! Days wasting!" Ethan yelled from the truck.

I rolled my eyes but hopped into the passenger seat and Kelly, Ryan, and Kelsey hopped in the back. Ethan started the truck and we were off.

Trent's POV

I ran through the woods and arrived at the pack house quickly. My dad was standing outside with some basketball shorts. He threw the shorts at me and turned around. I shifted back and pulled the shorts on, and cleared my throat to let my dad know I'm dressed.

"Come," he said. I followed him to his office and shut the door. I sat in a chair in front of his desk and waited for him to talk.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked impatiently. I can't help it I want him to hurry so I can get back to Peyton.

He sighed. "Trent, as you know you will soon be expected to become alpha. However, I do not want you becoming alpha without the pack having a luna."

I hesitated. "Umm dad I need... to tell you something."

"What?" he asked.

"I found my mate."

He smiled. "That's great, when and how?"

"Yesterday at school I smelt her scent, but didn't find her until the football game yesterday."

"Really? Who is it?"

"Peyton Kennedy. Beta John Kennedy's daughter, and Ethan's sister."

He smiled. "I remember Peyton. When I would go to see John I always saw Peyton on his lap. Then when his mate Elizabeth died I remember going over to see Peyton, Ethan, and Ashley scared of John. When he killed himself I walked in to late and Peyton was screaming and crying. She told me what happened, and until Ashley was 16 your mother helped them."

I nodded. "She seems better now though. She's happy," I told him.

"I know Trent. However, if you hurt her in any way I will slap you."

I laughed. "Okay dad, but you don't have to worry."

"Peyton will be a great luna."

I smiled. "She will, and dad I don't mean any disrespect but can I go? I miss Peyton."

He nodded. "Go."

I got up an started walking to the door. "Oh Trent."

I turned. "Yes?"

He had a humor yet serious smile on his face. "I want grandchildren but not yet. Do not get her pregnant tonight."

I raised my eyebrows and my mouth fell open. "Dad!"

He laughed. I walked out of his office and looked at my phone and saw a text from Peyton light up the screen.

'Hey got my license! How did the meeting go with your dad?' -Peyton

'It went okay.' -Me

'Good! Are you coming over?' -Peyton

'Yes. Be there in ten.' -Me

I quickly took off the shorts and transformed into my black wolf. Once I shifted I grabbed the shorts in my mouth and ran towards Peyton's house.

When I got there I shifted back and put the shorts back on. I knocked on the door only to have a beautifully dressed Peyton answer the door.

She was wearing a peach colored dress, and it was one of those dresses where it goes to her knees in the front but is longer in the back, a brown thin belt on her waist, and brown cowgirl boots.

When I looked at her face I nearly exploded. She is so beautiful with her makeup done professionally and her waist length hair wavy. She was wearing the locket I gave her around her neck, along with a necklace with a little heart on it.

"Peyton you look... beautiful."

"Thank you," she said blushing. "Come in."

I walked in and saw Kelly doing Kelsey's hair and makeup and then I remembered why they were getting all dolled up. They were going to see Brad Paisley tonight.

I looked at Peyton, she smiled grabbed my hand and started walking toward the stairs. "Come on Kelly takes forever so let's go up to my room for a bit."

I gulped. I so wanted to mark and claim her now but I can't. Its her choice not mine.