The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Peyton's POV

As soon as Trent told me Ashley was dead I broke. First mom, then dad, and now Ashley. It hurt, my sister, my oldest sibling, my friend is dead.

After awhile of crying outside I started running towards the house. Ethan had told me to stop but I yelled to everyone to leave me alone.

So now I was lying on my bed crying and looking at the photo album Ashley gave me for my birthday. The tears were coming faster as I looked at previous pictures of me and her.

Then there was a knock on the door. "Can I come in?" Trent asked from the other side.

I couldn't talk and I didn't want comfort from anyone. However, I do need comfort from Trent. I walked over to the door and opened it.

Trent stood there worried and probably thinking the same thing as me. How can such a good day go wrong? I wrapped my arms around his waist, and he held me.

I cried into his chest and he picked me up bridal style and sat me on the bed. He could probably see in my eyes that I was tired, so he set the album on the night stand and tucked me in. He kissed my head and turned to leave, but I grabbed his wrist making him stop.

"Trent please don't go. I need comfort but I only want it from you. Please Trent," I started crying.

He nodded and lied down next to me. I immediately leaned into him and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Trent?" I asked a thought occurring to me.

"Yes?"

"Do you know why they killed her?"

He nodded. "They want someone. There was a note saying hand her over and we all will live."

"I think I know who it is and why they are doing this."

He looked at me wide eyed. "You do?"

I nodded. "Before my mom met my dad she was in love with someone else. Cool guy never hurt her in any way. They were engaged, but the day of the wedding my dad walked in and saw my mom about to marry the guy. Him and my moms fiancé fought over her, but in the end she wanted her mate. Time went on and no one heard from her ex since the day of the wedding. Then 6years ago he came and tried to get my mom back but killed her because she refused. I think he's the same one that killed Ashley."

"But who is he after then?"

I gulped. "Me," I told him. "My mom said that at the wedding before he left that Blake -my moms ex- said he will destroy everything and everyone she loves including her future children."

He growled and I saw his wolf try and take over. "Trent calm down."

He growled. "They will not touch you. I will protect you and fight to keep you alive." He paused for a little bit. "I love you Peyton."

I gasped. He's never said that before. I looked at him and knew what to say in response. I smiled and said, "I love you too." He looked at me and smiled. I put my hand over my locket. "To the moon and back."

He kissed me and I kissed him back. After out mini make out session I quickly fell asleep in his arms to hopefully a world of peace.

Trent's POV

I looked at Peyton as she silently snored in my arms.

She said she loved me. I was so happy, but it was overcome by anger. If these rogues were after her she was in need of protection. Good thing she's going to meet the pack tomorrow although she doesn't know it yet.

I looked at her again, placed a kiss on her head, and fell asleep next to her.