The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Peyton's POV

Oh. My. Fucking. God. Trent Thompson captain of the football team, Northwing Packs future Alpha, and the schools biggest player is my mate?! What the hell is going on?!

"Hey," he said in that deep husky voice. Oh man why does his voice have to be so sexy?

"Uh... Hi?" I responded not sure what to say. TRENT THOMPSON IS MY FUCKING MATE!

He made a little chuckle. Again why is it so sexy? "Judging by the shocked look on your face I'm guessing you're shocked," he stated obviously.

"Umm yea. I mean come on we can't be mates. You're Trent Thompson future alpha of the pack, captain of the football team, and-"

"Incredibly handsome," he interrupted.

"I was going to say player," I corrected.

"Oh that. Look I admit I was a player but I haven't played anyone since the beginning of junior year. I've been waiting for my mate, for you."

Aww I thought. Could he really not be terrible? Maybe I should give him a chance.

"You better! He's our mate!" My wolf said.

I sighed. "Okay I believe and accept you." A huge smile appeared on his face and he lift me up and spun me around.

"Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" he chanted excitedly.

"You're welcome."

"Oh you did great by the way. Loved the show," he told me.

"Thank you," I said blushing. "I've actually never been in marching band before it's my first time this year," I informed him.

"Really?" he asked shocked. "The way you marched made it look like you've been doing it forever."

"Thanks I only know everything because Mr. Brown -the band director- is my friend Kelly's dad and he taught us."

"Oh cool," he said sounding literately interested. "Hey, I just thought of something," he said realizing something, "you know my name but I still don't know yours."

I smiled. "Peyton. Peyton Kennedy." As soon as I told him who I was his eyebrows shot up and his mouth fell open. "What?" I asked confused.

"Kennedy? As in Ethan Kennedy?" he questioned.

Understanding dawned on me and I understood. I nodded and smiled. "He's my brother."

He was about to say something when we heard, "HEY THOMPSON!"

We looked towards the football team and saw Ethan running over to us with anger written all over his face.

"Shit," Trent mumbled before Ethan pushed him away from me, his arms leaving my waist.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING PUTTING YOUR HANDS ON MY BABY SISTER! I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE DONE BEING A PLAYER!" Ethan shouted at him.

"I am," he responded.

"THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TOUCHING HER! YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO TOUCH HER!"

That's what made Trent snap and become angry. "I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO TOUCH HER! SHE'S MINE! SHE'S MY MATE!"

"WHAT THE HELL? YOU'RE JOKING!"

Trent growled. "NO! MINE!" he shouted in Ethan's face then coming over to me. He pulled me in his arms and nuzzled his face into my neck trying to calm down his wolf with my scent.

Ethan looked at me angry. "Peyton is this true?" he questioned serious.

I nodded. "Yes Ethan he's telling the truth he's my mate," I answered.

Ethan looked at me with a cold stare before walking away. I felt upset Ethan's my brother and I thought he would be happy for me, but he looks real pissed.

"I'm sorry," Trent whispered. I looked at him confused. "I shouldn't have snapped at him like that. It was rude and I'm sorry I pretty much just acted like a douche."

"It's okay, you were just trying to defend yourself. I'm not mad," I assured.

"Still..." I never let him finish because I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him smack on the lips.

The kiss was passionate and loving. In this moment it was just the two of us, and nothing else. No crowd no brother just us.

When we pulled away we were both smiling hugely. Life is good.

Trent's POV

I was in pure heaven. That kiss a million sparks were going off and it felt amazing. I cupped her cheeks in my hands and was about to kiss her again when I heard coach yell, "TRENT GET OVER HERE NOW!"

"Dammit," I mumbled. Peyton giggled and I couldn't help but smile. I grabbed her hands and said, "Will you watch from down here?"

She frowned and I raised my eyebrow. "I want to but I can't. I have to go back in the stands with the band."

"No," I said not wanting her to leave.

"Trent, I'll be fine," she said trying to assure me.

"No! Mine!" I said nuzzling my face in her neck. I started kissing her neck and made it to where I would mark her.

"Trent..." she gasped.

"Fine," I pulled away. "You'll wait for me right after the game though, right?"

"Umm..." she said trying not to tell me something.

"What?" I asked.

"I have to go back to the band room to get my uniform off and put my stuff away," she answered.

"Fine but I'm taking you home."

"Works for me," she said smiling. She got on her tip toes and leaned up to kiss me. I kissed her back with as much passion as possible.

When we pulled apart she smiled and left. I felt kind of empty without her but knew I would see her soon.

***

At the end of the game it was 42-5 and everyone was cheering. When I looked towards the band I saw them already getting up and leaving. I saw Peyton look at me and she smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and waved.

After a team meeting I changed and went to my car to go get Peyton.