The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Peyton's POV

When I woke up this morning Trent was gone, but he left a note saying he went to talk to his dad. It's probably about what I told him last night.

Now I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching Snow White and The Huntsman.

"Peyton?" I heard someone say. I looked away from the TV to see Jason.

"Hey," I shut the TV off. "How are you? Are you okay?"

He came and sat next to me. "Can I tell you something?"

I nodded. "I think Ashley is alive."

I sighed. "Jason it's not possible."

"I know. But I was dreaming of her and it felt real. She also said and I quote, 'I need you to tell Peyton I'm alive. Only her.' I think she's alive."

"Are you sure it's not the mate thing?"

"She has to be alive. Not just because she's my mate but for something else."

"What is it?" I asked interested now.

"Uh nothing."

"Jason?"

He sighed. "If she's alive then..."

"Then what?"

"So is our baby. If she's alive that means our child is too."

I gasped in shock. Ashley was pregnant? She never told me this! That means they killed my niece or nephew. However, now that I think about it I saw Ashley in my dream and remembered her saying she was alive.

"Peyton please help me find her. I feel she's alive because if she wasn't I would be dead now too."

I looked at him, that is true. When your mate dies, you want to die too and Jason seems lost but not empty. Could Ashley really be alive?

Trent's POV

I was walking up to Peyton's door, so I could help her with the loss of her sister. When she opened the door she threw her arms around me. I wrapped my arms around her and just held her there kissing her hair now and then.

When she let go she took my hand and guided me inside. I saw Jason looking at papers and looking very deep in thought.

I nudged Peyton. "What's he doing?"

She smiled. "Jason, Trent's here." He looked up bowed his head in respect and then kept working.

"That doesn't answer my question."

She smiled and looked at Jason. "Hey Jason, tell Trent what we're up to."

I looked at him. "We are trying to find Ashley."

I let out a breath and looked at Peyton. "Pey, Ashley is dead."

She shook her head. "No she's not. I know it for two reasons. One, it takes a lot more then rogues to bring her down. Two, because Jason can feel it. She's not dead because he's not in enough pain, she's been kidnapped."

I looked towards Jason again. It's true he does look upset but not enough upset to go rogue or kill himself.

"Do you believe us?" Peyton asked.

I nodded and she smiled. "Good, but don't tell anyone else yet because we don't have enough evidence and they won't believe us."

"Okay," I responded. "So where do we begin?"