The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Peyton's POV

"Jace," Trent said causing Jace to look at him. "What do you have to say?"

Jace gulped and said, "Okay before I say any of this I need you to promise not to kill me until I finish. This is really important and you're gonna want to hear it. Can you promise to hear me out?"

Everyone looked at each other and nodded. Trent looked at me and I placed my hand that wasn't in his on his cheek and nodded.

Trent looked at Jace and said, "We all promise to hear you out."

He let out a breath and everyone sat down. I was sitting in the one person seat on Trent's lap, Ashley and Jason were sitting on the love seat, mom and dad were sitting on the couch mom in, dad's lap, Jace was next to them, and Ethan had Lexi on his lap on the other side of Jace.

"Okay talk," Trent said in his alpha voice and a little angry. I kissed his cheek and he smiled at me.

Jace sighed. "I guess I should start from the day I left Peyton," he said. "Okay the rogue that attacked us came to retrieve me. I convinced him to not kill Pey but he injured her. I had to follow him or else he would've turned around and killed Peyton, so I followed."

"So, what's that got to do with anything," Trent said.

"My father ordered me to get her to fall in love with me but as time went on I fell in love with her. He was dead set on braking us apart but I refused, so he sent the rogue to 'kill' her. I found out later that killing her was just a threat and he wasn't actually gonna kill her."

"Wait," I said stopping him. "Who is your father?"

"Promise not to kill me. I'm nothing like him. I hate being his son. I'm lucky I'm more like my mom then him. He's a douche and I can't stand him, but I have because if I didn't he would kill me."

"Who is it?" I questioned again.

"Your moms ex Blake." Everyone growled and he held up his hands in surrender. "But I'm not like him. I hate him. He treats me like I'm just a piece of trash and doesn't appreciate anything."

"Jace," I said gaining his attention. "Is Blake still alive?"

He nodded. "Yes. He was the one who led the attack and killed Trent's parents. He also made it a ploy for the fight at light waterfall because he's not just after revenge anymore he's after power. He plans to kidnap you," he pointed to me, "when your close to your due date for your baby."

"What?" Trent snarled becoming angry. "Why?"

"You're the alpha now of the Northwing pack -strongest pack in North America- and he knows that if he kills your mate and child in front of you then you will go crazy and kill anyone. He'll trick you into becoming a fighter for him and he'll gain control over the werewolf world."

Trent was vibrating with anger. I looked at him and put my hands on his cheeks. "Trent, you need to calm down. Your wolf is taking over and if you shift you could hurt yourself again and possibly the baby."

That seemed to calm him down because he nuzzled his face into my neck. When he pulled back he seemed in control of himself.

"Okay," he said calmly. "Why are you telling us this?"

"Because," Jace started. "I'm tired of being under his control, and I didn't know he was going to kill Peyton. That's what made me realize I need to stop being afraid of him and confess to what I know. I'm doing this to protect Peyton and her child."

"How do we know you're not lying, and you won't go running back to your father?" Trent questioned.

"I'm not lying! I'm telling the truth I'm not gonna go running back to him. He can go to hell for all I care." Jace shouted.

"But we don't know if you're telling the truth," Trent said.

I looked at Jace and couldn't believe my eyes. I was probably the only one who could see the honesty in his expression. He was telling the truth.

I got up from Trent's lap. "You guys might not believe him but I do," I said standing in front of home offering my hand to him, and he took it and stood up.

"What?" everyone said.

"It's true. If there's one thing I know about Jace is when he's lying or telling the truth. I can see it if not in his expression then in his eyes. He's not lying," I told them and looking at Trent. "Trent he might have worked for his dad but he doesn't want to anymore. He's telling the truth."

Trent came over. "Are you sure?" he asked.

I nodded. "Look at his face. He's an open book."

Trent studied him then raised his eyebrows. "He's telling the truth."

"Thank you for believing me and not killing me," Jace said.

We all laughed until the phone started ringing. I went and answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Pey?" It was Kelly.

"Kelly! Oh my god I haven't seen or heard from you since the Brad Paisley concert!"

"I know that's why I'm calling to ask if I can come over."

"Of course! Hey did you hear the news about my parents?" I asked.

"Yea! Congrats on that!"

"Thanks. Oh, and Kel?"

"Yea?"

"Guess what."

"I don't know, what?"

"I'm pregnant!" I squealed.

I didn't hear anything so I said, "Kel? You there?"

"I am coming over now! You are gonna spill everything Peyton Kennedy!" she ordered.

"Aye, aye, captain!" I said

"Lol! See you in a few!"

"Okay bye Kel!"

"Bye," with that we hung up.

"Was that Kelly?" Jace asked.

"Yea she's coming over."

"Really? I haven't seen her since like forever. What about Ryan?"

I hit my forehead. "Oh yeah he's coming too. Oh and he found his mate her name is Kelsey."

"Oh cool," Jace replied.

"Wait, her name is what?" Lexi said.

"Kelsey."

"Kelsey what?" she asked.

"Kelsey Miners."

Lexi had a shocked look on her face and turned to Ethan. "Ethan I need to talk to you. Now!" she said getting up an dragging Ethan upstairs.

"Well that was random," Trent said.

"Yea it was," I replied.

"Hey Peyton. What's this bozo doing here?" Kelly yelled coming in and pointing at Ryan.

"Ryan!" I squealed.

"Peyton!" he squealed back and then we were hugging.

"Peyton," Kelly said staring at Jace and Jace staring at her.

Ryan looked at Jace and said, "What's he doing here?"

Jace kept staring at Kelly and eventually yelled, "Mine!"

The next thing I know is Kelly is in Jace's arms and he is holding on for dear life.

"What the hell is going on here?" Ryan snarled.

As quickly a I could I explained everything that Jace told us and Ryan, Kelsey, and Kelly looked shocked.

Kel looked at Jace and said, "So you aren't gonna leave me, right?"

"Wait. You accept me?" Jace asked shocked.

"Only if you promise to help us defeat that bastard and never leave me."

"Okay first I hate my father with a fiery passion and will protect you and everyone, and second I won't ever leave you. Although I said I was still in love with Peyton I think I was really just wanting someone to love while I wait for my mate. But now that I know it's you I know I love you. Of course there's always a spot for Peyton in my heart but the rest is yours," he responded.

At that Kelly smiled and pulled him in for a kiss. "Aww," I couldn't resist saying it and they pulled away blushing.

"Hey Peyton?" Jace said.

"Yea?"

"Can we be friends again?"

I nodded. "Yes. I forgive you."

He smiled and hugged me and I hugged him back. When I pulled away from the hug we all went and sat down only this time Kelly was in Jace's lap and Ryan and Kelsey were in Ethan and Lexi's spot.

Speaking of those two they finally came back down stairs, well Ethan did. "Hey Kelsey?" Ethan said.

She looked at him and said, "Yea?"

He smiled. "Someone here wants to see you," he said and Lexi came to stand in everyone's view.

Kelsey's eyes went wide and she had tears in her eyes. "Lexi?" she said standing up.

"Hey little sister. Been awhile," Lexi responded.

Wait, what? Kelsey and Lexi are sisters?! Well didn't see that coming!

"Lexi!" Kelsey shouted before running to hug her sister.

She was crying and Lexi was soothing her. "Shh, Kelsey it's okay. I'm not going anywhere."

Everyone started asking questions and time started flying by. We had at least 3 hours until the pack meeting and I was getting tired. Trent saw that and he excused us and carried me to bed.

He layed me down and layed next to me and kissed my forehead. "Get a little nap," he whispered.

"Okay. I love you," I whispered closing my eyes and snuggling into his chest.

"I love you too," he replied. I quickly fell asleep and couldn't help but think what a crazy day this was.