The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Trent's POV

I knocked on the door to my dad's office and heard a "come in". When I walked in I saw my dad, mom, beta John, his mate Elizabeth, Ethan, Lexi, Ashley, and Jason.

"Sit down son," my dad said.

"What's going on?" I questioned as I sat down.

"Well me and your mother have decided to retire and give the alpha and luna position to you and Peyton," my dad said.

"What?"

"At least not until both of you are ready. Jason and Ethan have agreed to wait as long as possible because once you become alpha they have no choice but to take there father's place."

I sighed. "I will have to ask Pey first. Is that okay?"

He nodded. "Yes of course."

"Okay. Well can I go?"

He looked confused. "Why?"

I heard a laugh. "I bet I called him when he and Peyton were getting it on," Ethan said.

I growled. "Ethan!"

"What? It's true! You two can't go two seconds with out making out."I looked down becoming red.

'Well it's true. I mean come on it's Peyton! She's fucking sexy as hell!' my wolf screamed.

'Boy ain't that the truth,' I replied.

My dad chuckled at me and Ethan but waved his hand. "Go on Trent."

I immediately jumped up and bolted to the door. "Whipped!" Ethan shouted.

I turned and glared at him. "Well when you an Lexi completely mate come tell me you're not whipped. She'll have you wrapped around her finger," I said and then ran out and transformed into my wolf eager to finish what me and Peyton started.

Peyton's POV

I was sitting on the couch not being able to believe what happened.

How the hell am I pregnant?

'I think you know how. Everyone knows how someone becomes pregnant,' my wolf said.

I didn't reply I was to busy worrying. What if I'm a terrible mother? What if I can't provide for my child? What if Trent doesn't want this child? What if he hates me? What if he leaves me? How will I raise this child by myself? How will I survive if he leaves? What is going to happen? All these questions I need answers to.

"Hey Pey." I looked up to see Trent.

I smiled and mumbled a 'hi'. He looked concerned. "Pey, what's wrong?" he asked coming to sit next to me.

I shook my head. "Nothing it's just..." I paused for a second. "I have something to tell you and I'm scared of what your reaction will be."

"What do you have to say?"

"Well... umm..."

"Peyton, you're scaring me."

I looked at him. "After you left," I started, "I ate the rest of my breakfast and felt sick after. I puked and thought I ate too much but then kept getting sick. I didn't know what was happening but my wolf said I did. So I did something and it confirmed my suspicions."

He looked confused and scared that I might be hurt. "Peyton what's wrong? Are you sick? Injured?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Then what is it?"

I sighed. "I'm pregnant Trent. With your child," I said.

There was a silence. Not either one of us said anything. I looked at him and saw a blank expression, then shock, and then happiness. "You're pregnant?"

I nodded. "Yes."

He smiled the biggest smile and jumped up twirling me around and both of us laughing. "I can't believe it! You're pregnant! We're gonna have a child!"

I laughed. "Yes we are."

He instantly kissed my lips passionately and then he bent down to his knees and lifted my tank top (I changed after I took the test into a tank top and pajama shorts) and planted kisses on my stomach.

"You know little baby you are going to have the best mother in the world," he said to my stomach.

I put my hand on my stomach and said, "And not a bad daddy either."

Trent stood up and kissed me and then twirled me again. "What do you say we go upstairs and celebrate?" he asked.

I nodded and followed him up stairs. When he closed the door he threw me on the bed and hovered above me.

"I love you Peyton," he said.

"I love you too Trent." I put and hand on my locket. "To the moon and back."

He smiled and then we lost ourselves in each other.