two

something so small and practically irrelevant.

jimin;

skipping every other stair, i make my way up to the roof. i open the door, being met with a cool breeze. it felt nice after the short heatwave yesterday.

i sit on my bench and look straight ahead where he sits on his ledge. although, this time, there's something different about him.

his hair is no longer the light, bleached blonde it was just yesterday, but a light, beautiful grey color.

i smile to myself as i check the time on my phone. 10:13 a.m., it reads. i do a small dance of celebration inside my head, once i realize that it's been exactly two months since i first found this boy on the roof. i watch as his head hangs low, and wonder if he's ever celebrated something so small and practically irrelevant before.

probably not. i let out a sigh, but catch myself before i can make a noise with it. if he were to catch me in my act of literal stalking, i wouldn't know what to say.

but then my mind starts to wander again.

why does he come to this roof if he doesn't even live here?

does he live with his family?
a friend?

does he even have any friends? 

i shake the thoughts out of my head when i hear a cough from the opposite side of the roof. i look up and notice him coughing into his sleeve. he lolls his head back once he rests his arm back behind him, and i can see the top portion of his head. his hair is perfectly combed and colored and i want nothing but to just run my fingers through it. but in fear of being arrested for stalking and unwanted contact, i restrain myself.

i check the time once again, noticing that forty minutes had already gone by since i arrived. i look back at the boy one more time as he picks at the hem of his sweatshirt, and i smile softly to myself. i exit the roof and go down the two sets of stairs till i reach my door. i go inside, the roof-boy still on my mind. like always.

---
sorry about the short chapters, but that's just how i want this story to be laid out. not super long chapters, but that means more of them!!

hope you're enjoying so far!!