twenty four

((unedited))

no matter what, we have each other

third person;

yoongi walks through the mall, a small bag in his hand and a large grin on his face. he can't wait to see the look on jimin's face when he opens the gift; he's really gonna like it.

he walks back to his own apartment so he could wrap the gift and get himself ready for the upcoming party. he was planning on taking jimin out the next day for a nice dinner, on behalf of being his boyfriend of almost two months, but tonight was reserved for getting together with friends and celebrating the younger boy's birthday.

he gets back to jimin's apartment in record time, seeing as the party starts in only an hour and by the looks of it, jimin and jungkook had just gotten ready.

"hey jungkook. jiminie! where should i put your gift?" yoongi asks, closing the front door behind him (for once).

"gift? hyung, i told you that you didn't need to get me anything! i said that your existence is gift enough," jimin whines, snatching the gift bag out of the elder's hand. he sets it on the table with a sigh.

"babe, it's your birthday. plus, even if i had listened to you and gotten you nothing, you would have been upset and hated me," yoongi laughs, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend.

"eh, that's true," jungkook chimes in. "once, he practically begged me to just forget his birthday and not give him a gift, so i listened. but then when the day rolled around and i had given him nothing, he cried and didn't talk ti me for a week."

"heh, what a crybaby," yoongi chuckles.

jimin pouts, punchin yoongi's arm, "hey! i was twelve!"

"yeah? and you still cried after he did exactly what you told him to do," yoongi responds, still laughing.

"shut up," jimin mumbles, hiding his face in yoongi's chest.

"okay, well the party is starting soon, so i guess this means i should order the pizzas and text seokjin?" jungkook asks.

"sure. i'll text taehyung and let him know," jimin gives a short, sly wink, and jungkook sighs inwardly. "okay, let's go."

-

"happy born day chim chim!" seokjin runs into the house, a gift bag in one hand, and a bowl in the other.

"hi! thank you, hyung. whatcha got there?" jimin asks, showing the eldest boy where he can put the gift.

"oh, jungkook insisted i make my "infamous" homemade salsa. just because i have an indoor garden and use fresh ingredients, doesn't make it any better than the local farm stands, kook!" seokjin replies.

"yes it does!" a quiet voice shouts from the other room.

"well anyway, i brought salsa," jin sets it down in the kitchen and jimin nods, returning to the group.

namjoon is making conversation with yoongi, while jungkook sits on the opposite side of the couch, his eyes locked on the door.

"he'll be here soon, don't worry," jimin says, placing a hand on jungkook's shoulder.

the younger boy just nods, not removing his eyes from the front door of jimin's apartment.

not long after, jimin's words come true and taehyung opens the door softly and quietly lets himself inside.