fifteen

it's been such a long time since i've felt that emotion

yoongi;

i don't know what came over me, but i wanted to give myself a second chance.

jimin was sweet. all he cared about was whether i was lonely and needed a friend. he didn't purposefully annoy me. plus, seeing how upset i made him, caused something to go off inside of me. last time i upset someone, it didn't end too well.

so now, here i am, taking a deep breath as i open the door that leads to the roof. i step out of the corridor and make my way over to the ledge. i sit myself down in my regular spot, awaiting jimin's arrival.

and when he does arrive, my breath catches in my throat.

jimin's once beautifully dark hair has been bleached into a light, blonde color.

"don't think i did this for you," jimin remarks, sitting beside me.

"i-i wasn't going to," i pout.

he giggles with a wide smile on his face. "i like this," he says.

"what?" i ask.

"your positive side. it's cute. way better than your unsettling, depressed side," he looks right at me. "by the way... why aren't you unsettling and depressed?"

i chuckle at his question, shaking my head. "i don't know, man... i just... i wanted to start over, i guess? i've just been like that for a few years now and wanted a change. does that make sense?" i say.

"yeah, i'm picking up what you're laying down," jimin giggles, causing me to smile.

"you're weird, you know that, right?" i mention, laughing.

"better than being plain and boring," he smiles.

"like me."

"yeah-- wait! no! i-i didn't mean that, i swear," he laughs. i put on a fake, shocked face.

"you did not just say that," i say.

he shrugs, "sorry?"

we both laugh again and i can finally say i feel happy again. it's been a long time since i felt that emotion.

"you're cute, jimin," i say. part of me wants to take it back, in fear that he'd get the wrong impression, but the other part of me is proud that i'm actually being nice and making friends.

"nah, you are," he smiles shyly. we just sit there in silence for a little while, until he sighs. "this is nice, yoongi hyung."

"what about it is nice?"

"the fact that i feel like i have a friend," he says. "i-i've lived in seoul for almost ten months now... and i'm just now making friends," he says, laughing sadly.

"oh... who wouldn't want to be friends with little jiminie?" i poke him, playfully.

"shut up," he waves me off, attempting to hide his smile.

"i've had friends before, i just didn't really go out and talk to people when i moved here," he explains. "i mainly just texted my best friend from back in busan but that soon stopped as we kinda lost touch... i miss him, but i'm glad i met you and taehyung," he smiles at his last phrase.

"and we're glad we met you," i reply.

and really, i am.

---
a/n: yoongi's crippling depression is coming to a close whoop

thoughts in yoongs opening up a bit more and being positive? jimin calling yoongi cute?

thanks for reading, guys! love ya xx