twenty

my library's been dry all day so i dont want u to experience that boredom.. here's another update :))

-

something similar is good enough

jimin;

three weeks pass by and nothing changes.

yoongi gives me more smiles, however. and more kisses.

he said he didn't want to move on from hoseok, and i understand it; it was only three years ago, it's still a pretty fresh wound. but he said that he liked kissing me.

i'm not confused, no. i know he doesn't really like me that way, so i won't give myself false hope. however, i enjoy kissing him too.

it's kinda like we're using each other; him to try and distract himself from hoseok, me to just gain the experience.

-

i meet up with yoongi again on a sunday. taehyung had invited me over to meet his boyfriend, but yoongi's text sounded more urgent.

i meet him at a mall and we sit across from each other in the food court, him picking at a plate of french fries and my plate having not been touched. i feel worried. i have no idea what he wants to tell me, but the way he had worded his text sent a bit of fear down my spine.

"a-aren't you gonna eat? i bought this pizza just for you," he gives me a sort-of side smile but in return i only give a blank stare.

"hyung, just tell me what's on your mind. you're beginning to worry me," i sigh, resting my elbows on the table.

he pushes his plate away slightly, looking down, "okay. now, take this i-into consideration: i'm kinda very nervous ri-ight now so please don't laugh or m-make fun of me or hurt my f-feelings, okay?"

"i would never, yoongi hyung," i smile sweetly. he nods, sighing before opening his mouth again.

"i-i-i," he pauses, looking back down at his lap.

"take as long as you need, hyung. i know how hard it can be to present through the midst of anxiety," i reach my hand across the table and rub his arm soothingly.

"jimin, i like kissing you, like a lot," he says.

"yeah, you've said that already. and i told you that i'm totally cool with this platonic thing," i say.

"you didn't let me finish," he says. "i like kissing you, but i think i'm ready to date now. i mean, i'm not saying i've caught feelings for you, shorty--"

"hey! it's only about a centimeter!"

"anyway, i just want to try. i realized that i-i've been missing out on a shit ton of stuff-- mainly stuff revolving around my nonexistent love life-- and it's all because i'm just here, stuck mourning my dead boyfriend," he sighs.

"mourning isn't a bad thing, yoongi," i respond.

"i know, but it's been three years; i wanna try and move on. no, i'll never find or fall in love with someone like him; i'll never feel the same feelings for someone new, but something similar is good enough. and since you're here, and i already know you can kiss," he winks, "i figured i'd try it out."

"oh," i say.

"you don't have to answer right away, i'll give you as long as you need," he says.

i nod and before i can say anything else, my phone vibrates, interrupting our silence. i look down and see that it's a text from taehyung.

tae: heyy!! u coming? :(

without giving me enough time to respond, another one comes through.

tae: my hot bf is here and i want u to meet him ;)

tae: he brought a friend~

"who is it?" yoongi asks.

"just taehyung. he wants me to meet his boyfriend," i respond, texting taehyung back simultaneously.

"oh, okay. would you like to go?" yoongi asks, finishing up the last of his food.

"i mean, i would like to, but i don't wanna leave you," i pout.

"nah, it's fine," he replies, chuckling.

"no it isn't 'fine.' you're my friend too-- how 'bout you just come with me?" i smile.

"sure, why not. i kinda wanna meet this 'hot boyfriend' taehyung's always blabbering about as well," he laughs. we stand up, and yoongi goes to pay for our food while i pack up my untouched plate.

-

we get to taehyung's in record time, considering we walked. yoongi tells me to go ahead while he grabs something from next door.

i knock, and taehyung opens the door within moments.

"jimmie!"

"please don't call me that," i laugh.

"okay fine, jimminie hyung~!" he smiles his infamous box smile and grabs my arm, pulling me into the apartment. "i have someone-- or actually, some people, i want you to meet!"

"okay," he drags me to the living room, where i see the back of two tall figures, sitting on the couch.

"kookie!" he yells.

"wait-- kookie?!"

the figure turns around and we meet eyes. my jaw drops and (if possible) his eyes grow larger.

"jimin hyung?" jungkook stands up, and my chest tightens. even though it's only been about a year since i moved, he's grown up so much.

"wait, you know jimin already?" taehyung asks, confused. "damn, that ruins the whole surprise."

"h-how--"

"it's been a while," jungkook cuts me off and gives a side smile.

"anyway," taehyung cuts in, "this is also seokjin! he's jungkook's friend, but apparently he lives upstairs, too! small world, right?" he giggles.

"small world? small world?! taehyung, you're fucking dating my best friend!" i yell with a laugh.

"well, ex-best friend," jungkook shrugs.

"cool!" taehyung jumps. "wait, ex?"

"h-he lef--"

"i-i moved here and we haven't really talked much since. i mean, i wouldn't call us 'ex-' best friends, because, well, he's still my only best friend," i cut in.

"aw," taehyung pouts, sitting next to seokjin.

"i missed you, hyung," jungkook says. i look back to him and see tears in his eyes.

"j-jungkook, don't you dare cry," i say. he sniffles and i glare at him.

"b-but you--"

"no, no crying. i missed you too, kookie. but no crying," i say, stepping forward and hugging him tightly. he wraps his arms around my neck and buries his face into my shoulder.

"awww!!!!" taehyung squeals, grabbing seokjin's hand.

"i-i love you jimin," jungkook whispers, squeezing me tighter.

"i love you too, kookie," i respond.

and then the front door clicks shut.

---
a/n: but,, when did the door open?

okay yes remember jimin's friend from busan from like.. chapter 2??? yeah, well obviously it was jungkook

and obviously tae's hot bf was gonna be kook too so

anyway,,, 6/7 have been introduced... where's namjoon?

idk man, probably on some vacation to find his self-worth or some deep shit like that

anywho... hOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER!!